Notices

Worst withdrawal from alcohol

Old 12-12-2012, 05:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, the chat wasn't too friendly though.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I don't think he meant to offend you.

I usually stay on the boards tho.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Originally Posted by PeteyPabloPedro View Post
Thanks guys, the chat wasn't too friendly though.
What are you looking for, PPP? Are you looking to quit, or just to pass the time?You mention that your hangovers are getting worse...is it a complaint then, or are you looking to find a way out of drinking? I drank for 25 years, and I can tell you that things get worse, never better. The physical side for sure gets worse, but the stuff inside gets worse too - the craving for more and more, the anger, the selfishness, the depression, the constant thought of drinking, the despair, the pain, the hurt...

Whatever it is, I hope you find it. Lots of support here if you want to stop and get off the merry go round
Old 12-12-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

What do you guys do to keep entertained after not drinking for a few days? I work all night and can't wind myself down when I get home I feel jumpy and bored when i dont drink.
Bike riding! When I was first trying to stay sober I found bike paths all over town and just went. 2 hours in the bag! Sober! I went half a day mixing chores and duties in between.

And did you ever go through a withdraw where you lay there and all of a sudden you hear a third of a second long crashing of machinery? That night left a big impression on me.

Edit: my mistake, is your freetime night or day? I read alot, not so much the aa book but fantasy and humor books or other discussion forums of what interests you.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Looked all over google and did not see this.

When I drink alot, I drink ALOT, but when I get a real bad hangover... it is like I can not control reality I can't lay down in bed because even when I try to go to sleep it is like I am falling through the bed it is like nothing I can do to control my brain.

This has happened once in a while when I drink massive amounts of alchol and try to dry up.

It is like I am so bad off I can't control my mind I try to sleep and have to get up because it is so bad I think I will lose my mind. It is very hard to describe... any other alcoholics every experience this? Restless, can't control your mind, vomiting... etc.

I just want to know if anyone else knows what I am talking about or if it is because I hit my head and am mental or something.

If even one person has had this I will be very thankful! Thanks!
Absolutely, try to sleep but it is impossible no matter how tired you are. It's as though a movie is playing in your head at light speed, close your eyes and you see and hear all sorts of things! Nervousness and a sense of impending doom off the scale! Once had it so bad i ended up in a mental ward for a week with full blown DT's, scary stuff. Alcohol withdrawal can really screw your head up. I really hope i never go through that **** again. Good luck to you.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yes, I still remember that awful feeling and it's very scary indeed. With my last hangover I went to my Dr. who prescribed medication for those withdrawal symptoms. It helped me and eased up my mind so I could fall asleep.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Alcohol withdrawal is as much mental as it is physical. It was the mental part that was hardest for me the first time I experienced it. I was a paranoid mess with visual and auditory hallucinations during the worst of it and did not sleep for 3 days straight. I had no idea what alcohol withdrawal was at the time so I didn't seek any help. It was the most terrible experience of my life. I can tell you that what you are going through is a sign of a serious drinking problem though. The D.T.'s are not far off.