Notices

Sneeze attacks

Old 01-04-2017, 08:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sneezing is part of the bodies mechanisms to rid the body of toxins. That's just your body trying to eliminate what it has inside of it to keep you alive. If your body did not clean itself of toxins through the detox channels(one is sneezing) you would die once your blood became to toxic for life.

When you get sick with the flu your body makes you sneeze to expel it. Same as when you drink your body treats it as a poison and starts the elimination cycle. Do you always sneeze when drinking? Not necessarily but if that gets triggered at least you know why.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yes I get this too. I used to think it was because my apartment was dusty but I hoover regularly and still sometimes get the sneezing fits when drinking.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Alcoholic sneezes are a phenom associated strictly with the alcoholic. They appear on the cusp of"buzzed" and "drunk" further scientific research is required to explain this phenomenon.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Clean30 View Post
Sneezing is part of the bodies mechanisms to rid the body of toxins. That's just your body trying to eliminate what it has inside of it to keep you alive. If your body did not clean itself of toxins through the detox channels(one is sneezing) you would die once your blood became to toxic for life.

When you get sick with the flu your body makes you sneeze to expel it. Same as when you drink your body treats it as a poison and starts the elimination cycle. Do you always sneeze when drinking? Not necessarily but if that gets triggered at least you know why.

Obviously that's not true because everyone would sneeze if they drank even a little. They would sneeze after consuming any toxin. Yet we see only seasoned alcoholics experience this.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Happens to me! I get this too, especially when drinking beer and around 3-5 drinks in, so “on the edge of buzzed and drunk” rings true as well. I start sneezing uncontrollably for about 5 minutes. Super interesting, first time I’ve read about this happening to anyone else too!

Originally Posted by kilbabe View Post
Yet we see only seasoned alcoholics experience this.
Kilbabe, I realize this comment was a year or so ago, but what specifically makes you say this is a seasoned-alcoholic-exclusive experience? Personal anecdote, the history of this thread, or what? Just curious.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I have experienced this too. normally after a couple of drinks, usually beer for me. a bit of a sneezing fit and then it passes.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:44 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

lol this used to happen to me every so often. I had a feeling that it had to do with drinking.