Notices

kindling and the body

Old 12-15-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have quit several times for a month or more,and I have a pretty good idea what happens to me. (this is just me). I drank at least a 12 pack a day for 30 years. I have now been sober approaching 4 years.
If I were to drink a six pack I would wake up more hungover than the average person. About lunch time I would start thinking beer might sound ok. About 5 oclock I would drink if I had it. (I was a 5 oclock drunk) I seldom drank before 5.
But since I can't get any more beer I would be ok in a day or 2. Something like a normal person.

Sooooo since this is make believe,lets say I have all the beer I want for 30 days,then I am cut off. Now at 5 oclock ,when I can't get beer, (I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER). Even though I can't get beer I am gonna try anyway. I am gonna look through the house for any I might have missed. I am going to look in the stores to make sure there isn't any to be had.
I am going to have a hard time going to sleep,and I will probably wake up in a cold sweat at some point in the first 2 or 3 nights. After 3 or 4 days the actual addiction is broken.
But it will probably bee at least 3 months before I don't think about drinking at 5 oclock and 6 months before certain events don't trigger me to want to drink.
So what I am trying to say is one six pack would wake up the monster but he would quickly go back to sleep if there was no way to get more. But 30 days of drinking would have the monster wide awake and ready to fight,and not taking no for an answer.
The way it affects each of us is different. Thats why some people never become addicted,where others easily will. Or a binger doesn't stop for days,where I can keep functioning drinking from 5 oclock until I pass out for years and years.
This is only my experience,and as I said everyone is different. I tried to answer your question the best I could.
Fred
Old 12-15-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by TrixMixer View Post
Hi Carl,

You always seem to get right to the point. So here is a quick question, and would like your opinion....

I am wondering if just that 0.5% alcohol in it is safe for one in recovery?
Sorry I didn't see your post sooner, but glad to see that you came to the right conclusion.

I don't know if the danger is the .5% alcohol (I've read where there is alcohol--tiny amounts--in some juice) or the fact that we're pretending to drink. I, and many others, say that's the real danger. That we a simulating something that caused a lot of mayham in our lives. There's too much stuff to drink that isn't fake alcohol, so drink that.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sally1009

I'd feel terrible on on every level. And I need to remenber that. Every day.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
'Kindling" is very real as I have been sober 6 or 9 months many times & return back to the point of needing detox worse than before.
That was my experience as well. Every time I abstained for a few weeks or months, as soon as I started back up, the DT's were worse than ever.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
~sb

just one? what's the point?

just a six pack? what's the point?

where's the weed? that would go great with some 12 packs, no, make it a case for today....

For me, it's like opening a dam.....

what's the point?? I like me today!