Notices

Done it again

Old 12-08-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Done it again

Its unbelievable, after few days sober I decided to have a been with an old friend of mine where we agreed at only 1. Well? 1st day slept 1 hour drank all night till 10am, 2nd day, drank all day till 5am.

Fell awful even 2 days later, cant sleep, got ILL. I know I deserve it but, god do I regret it, because I have don't something really bad when I was drunk that can screw up my life.

Is there any guides on helping how to stop? Iam determined this time to get a proper grip of myself.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I committed to AA. It's worked well for nearly 24 years.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 12-08-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
High on Life

Learn from this experience and every time you think about just having one with that friend, remember how you feel now. And if hanging out with this friend is going to make you want to drink, you need to re-evaluate hanging out with them until you get a handle on things. If nothing changes, nothing changes. You must change people, places and things.

Don't be too hard on yourself, get up and dust yourself off. We all fall, but it's the ones that keep getting back up that make it. Good day!!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

Originally Posted by sup3r1or View Post
Iam determined this time to get a proper grip of myself.

That is the guideline there. You said it. If your determination "to get a proper grip on yourself" means you are determined to STOP drinking then you GOT IT! It's all up to you to quit. Your need to stop drinking has to be stronger than your want to pick up. YOU CAN DO THIS! Good luck!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

This was the last post you made before this Today's:

I think I should accept the fact I shouldn't have even one for a long long time. Yesterday I had 1 and what is the result? Got smashed, hammered again. was going to the shop till they closed. Feel awful today again So sad, I was feeling so great when I didn't drink
Then, ignoring what you aready know, you choose to go out again, FOR ONE. Nothing changes if nothing changes.

My advice, quit thinking, and quit drinking.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

I like that Carl....Quit thinking and quit drinking We (myself included) make this quitting drinking thing so DIFFICULT when it is really just that simple in a lot of cases

How ya doin sup? Joining me on a cozy (cause it's soo cold here) SOBER day??
Old 12-08-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is there any guides on helping how to stop?
The best guide I know sup3r1or is the one that tells me that anytime I think a drink is a good idea? I'm BSing myself.

That inner guide is unerring in its accuracy.

There's many support groups and methods of staying sober around (links below) but you have to bring an acceptance to the table I think - an acceptance that you cannot drink alcohol anymore, if you want your life to change.

Every recovery method has its literature - there's also some other good books around - there's a sticky post at the top of the Newcomers forum on recovery literature & books that have helped us.

There's many different approaches and methods of recovery around - here's some links to some of the main players:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

I recommend you visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a non 12 step approach.

The main thing tho - whatever you decide to do - is do something.
In my experience, inaction just leads to more drinking....

find support, find a way to stay sober that makes sense to you, make the changes you need to make, and do it

D
Old 12-08-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Location: “It doesn’t matter where you are, you are nowhere compared to where you can go.”
What if you made an idiot of youself and can't bear to show your face again?
Old 12-08-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Its unbelievable, after few days sober I decided to have a been with an old friend of mine where we agreed at only 1. Well? 1st day slept 1 hour drank all night till 10am, 2nd day, drank all day till 5am.

Fell awful even 2 days later, cant sleep, got ILL. I know I deserve it but, god do I regret it, because I have don't something really bad when I was drunk that can screw up my life.

Is there any guides on helping how to stop? Iam determined this time to get a proper grip of myself.
It's funny how we want to stop, and want to stop, and reach out, but I know and you know that we got to do it on our own otherwise it want happen.

No matter how much we want someone else to do it for us… no one can,I am at the point that I really don't believe there are any guides to stop other than within us,but once we stop, then there will be many to help us through to the next step. It really is an individual decision and step to take all by ourselves..I hope you get there..I can't just yet.. but we got to pull up the ol’ boot straps and do it.

Don’t take what I say to much as the guide lines on this site I just feel you right now and I don’t know anything.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey sup3r1or,
I wrote you a response, but i posted it on the wrong thread. :-)
Here it is.
Post for Sup3r1or.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

...we agreed at only 1. Well? 1st day slept 1 hour drank all night till 10am, 2nd day, drank all day till 5am.

I don't know if you have crossed into the realm of alcoholic or not (that's for you to decide) but if you have, there is no such thing as "just 1".

No matter what program you use to get sober, there is one thing that they all have in common: Stopping is not the issue (that's for detox centers). Not starting back up is the issue.