Notices

Filing A Law Suit Becasue Of Alcoholism....

Old 12-11-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
I know it may sound silly. I believe you would really have to have one in your automobile to understand what I'm saying. It's very difficult to enter/exit freeways &, at times, I have to look down at it & read the text to blown again. It is not 100% accurate either. It once sat in the mechanics shop over nite & when I picked it up in the AM it blew a BAC level. I'm hoping that I won't get another OWI but I know when I pick up a drink anything is possible. This thing has been nothing but a big "hassle".
Life is tough.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:43 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Don't take this the wrong way, because I really don't mean it in a judgmental way, just pointing out a practical issue; if your lawsuit prevailed beyond your wildest expectations, to the point where the interlock was pulled from the market, you wouldn't be free of it. You simply wouldn't be allowed to drive at all. I agree that the machine sounds faulty and causes problems, but the simple fact may be that the technology isn't mature enough to be implemented in a more reliable fashion. What I'm saying is that the current device might be the "best" device that can be manufactured right now, circa Dec 2012.

No one can make you feel remorse that you genuinely don't feel. But if the only thing keeping you sober is being vilified, then you are actually pretty lucky you're being vilified! Being a drunk sucks, and I think living with being one is a lot harder than dealing with what society thinks (because I genuinely don't care what the average person thinks of me). Long story short, if the public shaming keeps you sober I hope the shaming continues!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:09 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

Because this thread keeps upsetting people, and I have to keep pulling posts, I think it's a suitable point to leave it now.

The topic has been given fair and adequate hearing.

thread closed

Dee
SR