Notices

I can't stop

Old 12-02-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by violetflame View Post
A bottle a night of white wine. every night. I buy 4 small bottles ( THE SUTTER HOME KIND) which equals a bottle. I lost one of my jobs. i am broke. I don't know if i should go to rehab. I haven't gone to AA yet. I feel awful.
I went to rehab ... then I went to AA.

It's worked for me since 1989.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 12-02-2012, 05:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Violet, please don't despair. The important thing is you haven't stopped trying. It took me many attempts, but I finally made it out of hell. I know you can do this. You sound fed up and wanting a new beginning. You can have it - and never return to that miserable old place.

We are with you and want to help. Please keep posting.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I also was at the end of my rope...Lost everything and was hopeless...My brother paid for my rehab...Which I'm still paying back. My rehab recommended AA. I took their advice and left two weeks early to save some money in a 30 day treatment and committed myself to AA. It's free. I just got 17 months sober...I'm holding a job...I'm living. If you're willing to put in the effort.....You can get out of this.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I don't know I was so desperate tonight I even contacted an inpatient rehab. But I don'[t have money or insurance and the places that take medicade unfortunately are not the best. I AM so lonely I wish I lived with another adult who could help me beat the nightly cravings
Hi,

I appreciate you posting. Please stay encouraged. I too didn't want to go to a medicaid funded rehab yet I did. Even though I have no criminal record whatsoever, I was sent to the one that typically takes patients from prison (felons) and jail. You know, I really learned a lot from these women. I saw what my life could become. The counselors were actually wonderful and I learned a lot. I just had to become open to the idea that as a Medicaid funded patient, I couldn't choose what facility I wanted. But in the end, it's ok.

Best to you. Rehab might be a good option. If it were me, I'd discuss it with your doctor or a drug/alcohol counselor.

~Kricket
Old 12-03-2012, 02:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

I don't know I was so desperate tonight I even contacted an inpatient rehab. But I don'[t have money or insurance and the places that take medicade unfortunately are not the best. I AM so lonely I wish I lived with another adult who could help me beat the nightly cravings
I'm so glad to see you are posting again. I have wondered several times where you were and how things were going with you.

About rehab. The "best" rehab...if there is such a thing, isn't any better than a mediocre one if one isn't committed to making it work. It's what WE do with our recovery opportunities that matter most in the end.

If you feel rehab can help you beat this thing, then get to rehab and make the most out of it. We can program shop ourselves to death, putting off doing what we need to do until we find the "perfect" fit, group, or rehab.

It has been my own experience that I can use the illusion of being busy with recovery (collecting books, reading up on programs, moaning about what I don't like about certain meetings etc) to keep me from doing the real work that recovery takes. It wasn't until I said now. here. no matter what. that I made true headway.

Staying active in the SR community has been HUGE for me.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:24 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Threshold;3699673]

It has been my own experience that I can use the illusion of being busy with recovery (collecting books, reading up on programs, moaning about what I don't like about certain meetings etc) to keep me from doing the real work that recovery takes. QUOTE]

Wow, I could have written that too, word for word! Thank you.

~Kricket