Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Sooooo F-ing P/O'ed at my boss, ex-boss...AHHHH!!!

Notices

Sooooo F-ing P/O'ed at my boss, ex-boss...AHHHH!!!

Old 12-03-2012, 05:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks TM-

The job was a sales job and after hours drinking with co-workers and accounts is common. My performance was O.K. when I was drinking, but my performance soared when I stopped drinking. I would think that the boss and manager would want that. I guess that they want drinking buddies more.

The more I think about it, the more I'm glad to be out of there.

Zube
Old 12-03-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
High on Life

That lawyer thing may be something to look into, if you can prove your numbers were better after you had stopped drinking.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Zube
Looking into a case of discrimination may be a viable option. Improved sales numbers are hard to argue with.

You know I use to be afraid of loosing my job for drinking, not for stoping. That's just not right.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by Zube View Post
How can normies be such IDIOTS that they would prefer me better... DRINKING!!! Not all normies, just a few that I work, or WORKED with.
Could it be that you are "restless, irritable and discontent" without the alcohol?
Old 12-03-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

The legal recourse is a waste of time. if you are a skilled salesman, and have contacts, go to their competitor and make em wish you never left. Take all that energy and anger and turn over new accounts, and set records with the old ones. You will discover, as you already kind of have, you will kick more ass as a sober salesperson. You will listen better, get more creative, and keep up with contacts better.
Good salesmen are always in demand.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

^What DoubleBarrel said.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zube View Post
Hey there The End,

I'm a Sales Rep in an industry that cuts a lot of deals over cocktails, beers on the golf course, etc.

I still perform as well as I ever have, actually I perform a whole lot better on the job sober. My customer base doesn't mind either.

Trust me, I did not see this one coming at all. I was informed by a co-worker whom I trust that the boss liked me better when I was more like him...a drunk. And it is a smaller, family owned business, so I really don't have a lot of recourse.

Zube

I'm sorry you don't have any recourse. Your post screamed 'industrial tribunal for unfair dismiss' to me

Sounds like your boss has a lot of his own issues. Pity him and move on.

Gah, I'm furious for you. I'm also more cautios about telling people after reading this as well.

Wishing you all the best in your job hunt.

S x