Notices

What to do job wise

Old 11-28-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What to do job wise

Hi I was put on a 3 months forced paid leave or take on a position which demanded less of me same salary but more flexibility...I chose to take all my leave instead and I am actually enjoying my time off but also have to be realistic, do you think I should just wait it out I mean I am on paid annual leave until the 16th of January or try for a new Job with more potential? But I know that my boss put his everything on the line to give me all this time off and also have it paid, because he could tell I was not coping with
my financial, relationship and ever changing demands of the workplace. My concentration went out of the window plus I was close to a mental breakdown. The xanax did not help either. I do not even know whether I want that kind of stress anymore and take on as he suggested a less stressful role,,,,,,,,,,, and then look for something else........but it would be silly to resign given that if I end up ever receiving redundancy it would
be a good pay out. I still do not know what I did wrong apart from the fact that I guess it was obvious I was not coping with my personal life and the increasing demands and changes at work, I am just not used to having so much time off I guess .....and to myself.....
Old 11-28-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If it were me, in my particular job scenario, I would take the less stressful role for the time being while I sort out my feelings and goals .. maybe talk to a counsellor .. and maybe even your boss about advancement, if applicable .. and make some plans.. and go from there when it feels right.

But that's just me thinking in regard to my job ... Take care of yourself. Sounds like you have a good opportunity to make a plan. Best wishes!!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Not an easy one because work is what puts bread on the table.

Personally, and that's just me I kept going to work, told my management about my addiction, they offered to advance all my leave. I refused but advised them I will not perform as good in the start. 2 weeks now, I'm actually producing more work, cause I don't put preasure on myself. One thing at a time. Reason is if I get really badly sicker I will need my leave... Best of luck!