Notices

Home!

Old 11-27-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Home!

I was released from rehab yesterday afternoon! I am super excited to be home, cook my own meals, sleep in my own bed, and see my kitty cat! I am also nervous about being out, and depending on myself to keep myself sober. I have 2 more days off before I go back to work, so I am spending today and tomorrow making sure my schedule is workable - which meetings I am going to attend and where, etc.

I woke up feeling really, really good today. I am so happy to be home! Now to start the really hard work
Old 11-27-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome home!

I wish you well on your sober journey!!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I bet that is a great feeling to be home to start over fresh. Best wishes!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

welcome home felicia! congratulations. how long were you in rehab
Old 11-27-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Only 11 days - it is a shortened program that includes aversion therapy. I know many other people are in rehab for much longer and I feel blessed to have found this program. For the first time I feel like I really can do this!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Feliciadragon View Post
I was released from rehab yesterday afternoon! I am super excited to be home, cook my own meals, sleep in my own bed, and see my kitty cat! I am also nervous about being out, and depending on myself to keep myself sober. I have 2 more days off before I go back to work, so I am spending today and tomorrow making sure my schedule is workable - which meetings I am going to attend and where, etc.

I woke up feeling really, really good today. I am so happy to be home! Now to start the really hard work
Are you going to AA or NA meetings? The meetings saved my bacon.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 11-27-2012, 12:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The rehab center is just 10 minutes from my home, and they have meetings 7 days a week (and you can also call in). I plan to attend the Wednesday Women's group at 5:30 and main group at 7. I am still looking at possibilities for the rest of the week in my area. I know that I can always go back to the ones at the rehab center and feel welcome, but I also want to experience some other groups. I have only lived in this part of town since October, and would like to meet some people who live nearby. I work 30 minutes away, in downtown, so I am also looking at possibilities for after work in that area.

I had isolated myself so much during the past year as the drinking was getting progressively worse, so I am nervous about going to a meeting I have never been to, but I know it is a positive step towards my recovery to venture out into the world again. I know that I have the safety net of the ones at the center, but I want to push myself to get out and meet new people as well Thank you for asking - I need to make a plan to find one for this evening!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

You sound like you are on the right track. All the best to you.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

good on ya felicia! i can relate to the comfort of certain meetings. my HG had 4/wk when i got sober. they were the only ones i went to. took time, but i started hittin other meetings. since i got into AA i have been to meetings in colorado, kansas, oklahoma, and DC( i think somewhere else, but cant remember) as well as metro detroit. them alcoholics in them meetings think and act just like the ones around here!
Old 11-27-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

That's great ! I remember the excitement and trepidation of leaving treatment. I can relate to sleeping in my own bed - had two roommates and a curfew - so it was nice to be in a familiar setting.

sounds like you've started to make some plans for meetings, support, etc. Keep the momentum going - it's easy to drift back into life and forget what plucked us out of it and what we continue to need to do to stay sober and live a joyous, happy and free life.

Good luck