Notices

Are we just children?

Old 11-27-2012, 05:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Billy Kreutzmann and Bobby Weir ?
Old 11-27-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Are we just children? Yes, we are older but the things that made us children are still within our Being. Do we learn new things, develop ideas and fears, turn to others for support? We are just children who have forgotten what it meant to be a child. We all want love and comfort. We all want soft love and peace. As children we were honest & told that we must be good and honest. Then we watched all the authority in our lives lie lie lie. We are all children of god and if we see the beauty in the details and can marvel at water and sand, if we retained that wonder eyes wide open then that young part of you will always remain within the core of your very being.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

As a child I could not imagine what it would be like to be an adult, now as an adult, I can hardly remember my childhood, sad.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:56 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TrixMixer View Post
Ya know Double Barrel, I wouldn't expect any other answer than that from someone with your Avi......

It scares the H--- outta me and I'm good with whatever you say. I usually abbreviate the Avitar name --like DB, but for you it is MR. Double Barrel, nope not going to dis you, LOL!
LOL!
I like it, because it really is how I've looked drunk.
I'm a softie. Db is cool.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

I remember being a child. Good times and bad I remember. Blanket statements claiming we have all forgottten is much too rudely pessimistic and defeated. We have not all forgotten.

Nonetheless, I'm a child no more - I'm an adult. There is more to us than just the sum of ourselves. All my experiences as a child are within me, and they are valuable and important, both good and bad. I carry lessons learned as a child forward with me. I have not forgotten.

If anything, alcohol and drugs made me grow up too fast. Drinking by 12 and alcoholic drug addict by 15 is a hell of a way to face the world. I survived not because I didn't grow, or was stunted, or otherwise didn't grow up.

I grew up alright, and much too fast.

I'm retired now from regular work at 55. My office is in my home, and I conduct my business under the gaze of my child hood comic book heros, villians, and friends. Expensive statues and sculptures. They inspire and comfort me. I have an excellent monster 20" statue from the movie Aliens, known as an Xenomorph.I have one poster which is of the Marvel universe that is 3ft by 12 ft. It's really awesome. I have model kits, RC cars and amateur RC helicopters. I have ton's of different robots, hahaha. I have hundreds of comic books.

I have an autographed b/w potrait 8x10 picture: To Robby from James Cameron, director of Avatar (2009), Aliens (1986) and Terminator 2 (1991). I have the complete series of the original Star Trek series on DVD. I have a limited edition anti-gravity pen replica of the same pens that went to the moon with the Apollo 11 moon landing. In the top of the pen is embedded an actual tiny square of the protective radiation metallic foil of the service module which orbited the moon in 1969. I was twelve at the time and I watched wide eyed as man first stepped onto the moon from the lunar lander.

My wife and I went to the movies tonight actually and saw "Rise of the Guardians" in 3D no less. Just the two of us, no kids with us. we were the oldest persons there, lol. We enjoyed it totally. The core story of the movie was about how powerful and beautiful are the undying beliefs of children.

So, I have not forgotten. I'm sure many others have not forgotten either, in their own respective ways. Alcohol and drugs shortened my childhood for sure, and yet, i still remember nonetheless those wonder years.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:35 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DoubleBarrel View Post
LOL!
I like it, because it really is how I've looked drunk.
I'm a softie. Db is cool.
Well now , I know somewhere I must have a photo of me at my Alcoholic Best--Considering how long I was a drunk, I am sure others have some photos of me in my prime !!

Sad thing is there were some that probably surpassed yours, and I am a female--think how pretty that was??
Too bad this is a private forum I think it would be the funniest thing if we all posted our worst photo when drunk. That might even SOBER those Newbies right up--ya think??

I am honored to be able to call you Db!!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
I remember being a child. Good times and bad I remember. Blanket statements claiming we have all forgottten is much too rudely pessimistic and defeated. We have not all forgotten.

If anything, alcohol and drugs made me grow up too fast. Drinking by 12 and alcoholic drug addict by 15 is a hell of a way to face the world. I survived not because I didn't grow, or was stunted, or otherwise didn't grow up.

I grew up alright, and much too fast.

I'm retired now from regular work at 55. My office is in my home, and I conduct my business under the gaze of my child hood comic book heros, villians, and friends. Expensive statues and sculptures. They inspire and comfort me. I have an excellent monster 20" statue from the movie Aliens, known as an Xenomorph.I have one poster which is of the Marvel universe that is 3ft by 12 ft. It's really awesome. I have model kits, RC cars and amateur RC helicopters. I have ton's of different robots, hahaha. I have hundreds of comic books.

I have an autographed b/w potrait 8x10 picture: To Robby from James Cameron, director of Avatar (2009), Aliens (1986) and Terminator 2 (1991). I have the complete series of the original Star Trek series on DVD. I have a limited edition anti-gravity pen replica of the same pens that went to the moon with the Apollo 11 moon landing. In the top of the pen is embedded an actual tiny square of the protective radiation metallic foil of the service module which orbited the moon in 1969. I was twelve at the time and I watched wide eyed as man first stepped onto the moon from the lunar lander.

My wife and I went to the movies tonight actually and saw "Rise of the Guardians" in 3D no less. Just the two of us, no kids with us. we were the oldest persons there, lol. We enjoyed it totally. The core story of the movie was about how powerful and beautiful are the undying beliefs of children.

So, I have not forgotten. I'm sure many others have not forgotten either, in their own respective ways. Alcohol and drugs shortened my childhood for sure, and yet, i still remember nonetheless those wonder years.

OMG!!!! I am right there with you. I am not lucky enough to have a husband who shares my enthusiasm for Science Fiction.

James Cameron is a genius, period. The only Movie that , for me rivals his, was "THE Matrix". I envy your collections, These movies are like comfort food to me. I do have a few friends who share my love of Sci-Fi---It is actually the brilliance of the special effects that I am in awe of.

There are very few Original Star Trek shows I can not remember. Thinking back ,their sets were really corny, but for that time amazing. I always remember William Shatner as such a "drama queen".

I am amazed I have never had the guts to attend a Comic Con, they are the freakiest things , I love watching the people LMAO!

So I guess Alcohol left some room in my brain cells for appreciating the "finer things" in life, huh!

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!!! (great line)