Notices

Update on my previous thread

Old 11-26-2012, 10:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Update on my previous thread

I posted yesterday about calling my boyfriends parole officer on him for drinking and becoming very unstable in the past month. He called his PO this morning and he found him a bed at a treatment center. So I took him to his new parole building about an hour away and then to the treatment center. It's a 90 day program. He may get sent to another program afterwards if they feel it's in his best interest. He said he isn't mad at me and understands why I did what I did. He also said he knows he needs help and he's going to take this seriously and get involved in AA again. He said he needed a kick in the butt to get him moving.
He had over 2 years sober before he relapsed. He used to enjoy AA so much and I want him to get back to feeling good again and getting back on his medication. So he can start being the man I fell in love with once again. I know I can't force him to stay sober and everything, but I just hope this is a wake up call for him. I hope he realizes that I'm not messing around anymore, and if he wants to be in his childs life(once he/she gets here) that he needs to man up.

I feel so releived tonight. The guilty feeling is starting to go away. I went to a meeting and it just felt good to be there to listen.

Thanks again to everybody who replied yesterday. It helped me alot.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I read your post yesterday and felt your angst. Good news abounds when you stick to your guns and your loaded with the determination to pursue sobriety at all costs.

I wish only good things for you and your baby and your boyfriend. We do have to hit a bottom, so it seems, and I hope this is your boyfriend's.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you. I hope it is to. I refuse to raise a child in an alcoholic home. I was brought up that way and I want the cycle to end. Thank you again.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like it's working out better than you expected. You may find you can build things up in your head to a total calamity only to find that if you stay sober and continue to do the right thing they work out just fine.

I sincerely hope you find some happiness whether or not things work out with the guy.