Notices

Day 3 and back to work ;-(

Old 11-15-2012, 04:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 and back to work ;-(

Hi all,

I'm on day 3, last night was the terrible nightmares tremors phase of withdraw.
Today I'm back at work, concentrating will not be easy. So foggy.

Guess I needed support.

I don't need to make things worst and have job problems, so I am here.

Have a good day all
Old 11-15-2012, 04:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hang in there thepatman.

I needed support too.

You have mine!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

stand fast and get through this day. tomorrow will be better!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

be grateful that you are strong enough to get up and function at work
and that you have a job, focus on something also better than thinking of withdrawal 24/7.

congrats on taking your responsibility too!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you all for the wisdom and kindness. Having lunch break. I making it trough the day!!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Those are hard times but they really worth it.
Big high five and courage !
Old 11-15-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Tough days eventually end. Initially I found it helped to make a little list of things to do when I felt restless/unfocused. They were silly little things, but maybe you'll find them helpful - I liked them because they made me move on to something completely different for just a minute.
Make a cup of tea. Get a tiny notebook and write one sentence in it. Do deep breathing exercises for two minutes. Smile for a moment. Say something nice to a co-worker. Go to the restroom, even if you don't need to - just going somewhere else feels good. Make a list of things to do, but break things down into tiny, tiny tasks - then you get to cross things off really fast. (I always started my list with "make a list". If I did something not on my list, I'd write it down and immediately cross it off.)
It gets better pretty quickly...
M.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Milliamp that's what I ended up doing, instead of stressing to produce my work when I felt bad I took litle walks to the washroom and Just do something else untill I could concentrate!

Worked like a charm! I made it just had dinner, having an herbal tea and FEEL super proud!!! I survived the day!! Can't wait for tomorow now.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for you - day 3 is famous for being awful & going back to work is stressful as well. You made me smile with the going to the restroom thing - I'm glad someone else does that - my co-workers probably thought I had a bladder infection some days, but it was way better than letting myself talk myself into an anxious wreck.

I just remembered one of my favorite distractions, and this is a good time of year for it. I got a candy dish and put chocolate kisses in it. People would come into my office just to have one, and the brief and pleasant interaction was a nice little time-out. The problem was keeping my own fingers out of it - but sometimes a little something sweet does take the edge off a craving, so maybe it's ok to have that available.

While I'm on food, keep nuts or some other nibblie with protein around. Blood sugar swings can really affect your mood and make everything seem awful. You're already working hard at this, no need to make it harder by neglecting something so easy to fix. Something I rarely hear mentioned that affects me enormously is getting enough to drink. Being dehydrated makes me really, really cranky - and, of course, drinking enough gave me excuses to wander to the restroom...

Congratulations on a good day, and you have my prayers for many more...
Old 11-16-2012, 09:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for you - day 3 is famous for being awful & going back to work is stressful as well. You made me smile with the going to the restroom thing - I'm glad someone else does that - my co-workers probably thought I had a bladder infection some days, but it was way better than letting myself talk myself into an anxious wreck.

I just remembered one of my favorite distractions, and this is a good time of year for it. I got a candy dish and put chocolate kisses in it. People would come into my office just to have one, and the brief and pleasant interaction was a nice little time-out. The problem was keeping my own fingers out of it - but sometimes a little something sweet does take the edge off a craving, so maybe it's ok to have that available.

While I'm on food, keep nuts or some other nibblie with protein around. Blood sugar swings can really affect your mood and make everything seem awful. You're already working hard at this, no need to make it harder by neglecting something so easy to fix. Something I rarely hear mentioned that affects me enormously is getting enough to drink. Being dehydrated makes me really, really cranky - and, of course, drinking enough gave me excuses to wander to the restroom...

Congratulations on a good day, and you have my prayers for many more...
Old 11-16-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Tuesday of this week was my day 3 and first day back to work as well! Feeling much better now.

Congrats to you!