Notices

Severe Gastritis Help

Old 04-29-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fruitymarzipan View Post
You need to go see a Dr, im an RN in an ER and your symptoms dont sound disimilar from a stomach ulcer. Very common in alcoholics. Cramping abdominal pain, with shooting pains into your left shoulder and arm, vomiting and shortness of breath are the exact textbook symptoms. I see your symptoms have eased now, however that doesnt mean they wont return. I dont want to scare you, but if you do have an ulcer and it ruptures it could kill you. You need to go have these symptoms checked out. Hugs xx
I did notice I breathe heavy now.. I was wondering what was causing that.
The odd time when I go walk I'd get bad stomach pain on my side. But rarely. Honestly at this point and everything I have been through I don't care if it ruptures. I'm not sure how painful that would be. I have a lot of trauma, neglect and abuse I've went through as a child from my family and I just have to keep those flashbacks at bay and alcohol lets me do that. I need it to keep going. I start having flashbacks sometimes because I've suppressed them for long with alcohol. I don't know if I have the strength to ever give up the booze I'll have crying fits and flashbacks. I prefer a hangover honestly. Craziness.

I've been thinking about going to a Open Speaker AA meeting because I went once and could relate to the speaker and felt less isolated. The people were so friendly it floored me.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cocopuff3315 View Post
Honestly at this point and everything I have been through I don't care if it ruptures. I'm not sure how painful that would be. .
Honey, if it ruptures, how painful it will be is irrelevant, you would need to get quickly to an ER and would need life saving surgery or you would die. I am so sorry you are in such a terribly unhappy place. I wish there was something I could do ..other than send you a big hug. Do you have God in your life? I dont know if that is something you have considered or are 'into' i just know i wouldnt have been able to cope without God. xx