Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

The Pursuit Of Happiness in the never ending buzz

Notices

Old 11-10-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

As I reflect I think how exhausting and fruitless searching for "the fix" can be. All those plans and details you made, day after day of how you were going to secretly imbibe. When you were going to find time to get it, where you were going to put it. How you were going to drink it.

Then after all those plans and details you get to "the moment" only to find that after "the fix" nothing really happens. So much wasted time and energy that could be so better spent.

If only you can convince yourself of that in that ever so fleeting yet long and drawn out battle inside your head.

Afterwards you always tell yourself "Next time it will be different"

Until the next time...
Old 11-10-2012, 06:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yep...BIG WASTE..of time and effort!..am putting it to better use now.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

If only you can convince yourself of that in that ever so fleeting yet long and drawn out battle inside your head.

Afterwards you always tell yourself "Next time it will be different".
You say a battle is being waged inside your noggin? Well, continue that idea a bit further. Who is fighting? What are the two 'sides'? Which 'side' are you on?

Pick a side here, and stick with the winner.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
You say a battle is being waged inside your noggin? Well, continue that idea a bit further. Who is fighting? What are the two 'sides'? Which 'side' are you on?

Pick a side here, and stick with the winner.
I hear ya though this was more an observation I made than any kind of struggle.

Three years of semi control have blurred the lines. I certainly don't want to ever go back to the daily pounding I used to take.

That said, there does exist a gray area that I believe exists in most of us hence my reason for posting.

I was just trying to say that if you gave in, was it good for you? Probably not and this is the lesson I have learned to try and live by. Even if I not am always successful it is all about keeping it in perspective.

I have seen far too many fall way off the deep end to let such a nose dive occur within me.

Another sober closes and many have come before this, more will come in the future. It is how we manage the future that will keep us from ever truly failing.

I just don't want to give up with reckless abandon as I have seen some do here. It is part of the reason I don't come here as much as I used to. I grew weary of reading strife after strife and failure after failure.

Once again keep it in perspective. Was it good for you?
Old 11-11-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Ahh. Rhetoric, invention, and pathos. Thanks, Sudz.