Notices

the grumpy grumps

Old 11-01-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

the grumpy grumps

Ah two days sober (today being day two) ah gets frustrated. Gets the grumoy grumps starts getting aggravated with everything etc basically you can see the itch then he throws his hands up rums off comes back wIth beer.
Is this withdrawal annoyance/pains or an excuse to drink? How do you tell the difference?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's both.

Withdrawal sucks. You feel like crap, your emotions are all over the place, you get angry easily, you're sure as hell no fun to be around but if you want to get sober you will. That's how all of us have done it. We get through the crappy withdrawal part because we want to be sober.

It's not easy, but it an be done. There will ALWAYS be a reason to drink. It's up to US the alcoholic to make the choice not to. It isn't an excuse to drink.

Maybe he needs a supervised detox?

What are you doing for you? He needs to worry about himself. He won't be able to stop drinking until he truly commits to it. You can't make him do that.

Have you gone to Al Anon? Read up about alcoholism, meet others in Al Anon who are going through what you are. Focus on your interests, your feelings, your life because in the end your behavior is the only one you can control.

This is coming from a newly sober alcoholic who is in love with an addict so I've seen both sides.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Galatians 5:13

I love the subject, "the gumpy grumps"! LOL. Next time my husband is grumpy, I am going to say... "Does somebody have the grumpy grumps?" LOL. Likely to make him more grumpy! Grumpy Grumps! Love it!
Old 11-01-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Yep, Tammy - "Mr. Grumpy-Pants McGrumpersons! Does somebody have a case of the grumpy grumps? Time to turn that frown upside down". Bound to help.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I also suggest alanon.

Also, little known fact. I used to be referred to as Mrs. GrumpyPants around here for a while. I'm still sober though.