Notices

Need to work some things out

Old 11-01-2012, 03:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need to work some things out

I'll be honest. These past few weeks haven't been good for me. I have just been sitting down and working out HONESTLY how many days I was drunk. And the answer is more than half of them. I went to one therapy session in the past fourteen days but no meetings and I didn't contact anyone else in the Fellowship. I was basically trying to avoid the reality of what was going on. I told myself that because I wasn't being late for work or skipping work or drinking during the day it was OK. But on my days off and weekends I was drinking during the day quite often too.

I had my last drink on Sunday and it's Thursday lunchtime now. I saw my therapist on Tuesday but kind of skirted around the topic of my drinking.

Today I have eaten properly, cleaned my flat from top to bottom and I plan to go to a meeting shortly. But there's a pile of unopened bills in the hallway and I can't seem to bring myself to deal with them. I feel if there's bad news in there I will just want to get drunk again.

At least I'm sober now and there's no booze in the house.

But what am I going to do about those bills?
Old 11-01-2012, 04:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Bills are bills don't worry, fukin bin them you aren't going to die from bills. Lol, well don't bin them but leave them were U can't see them till you feel stronger, maybe a week or two. Just focus on recovering my friend. Try not too worry about it.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ps well done nearly on nearly a week!
Old 11-01-2012, 04:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

endless, putting downt he drink but still having the actions of a praciticing alcoholic doesnt make a person sober, just dry.
sober=
marked by sedate or gravely or earnestly thoughtful character or demeanor;
unhurried, calm ;
marked by temperance, moderation, or seriousness;
showing no excessive or extreme qualities of fancy, emotion, or prejudice

if ya want to get and stay sober, yer gonna have to stop skirting the issues and face em head on. i highly suggest getting honest with yer therapist.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I second what tomsteve says. To me, recovery meant I had to stop hiding from life, from the "bad" things. They don't go away.

What do you do about the bills. Why not open them and pay them?
Old 11-01-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are starting to take a look at what you know to be a problem. Face it head on...arm yourself with every resource and go at it. As for the bills...yes, you will have to look at them but if you do that and make a plan of how to pay them(with the money you save from not buying booze) you will feel better. If you simply cannot pay one, call the creditor and tell them WHEN you can put some money on it. They will often not charge penalty etc if they have heard from you and they know you have intention to pay.

Good luck
wish I could offer you more but I am just over a week sober...I'm still figuring it out but WOW does it feel GREAT to be on a good path.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back....
Old 11-01-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you again EP

not opening bills doesn't make them go away...and drinking over them doesn't pay them either

Open them...pay what you can and organise a payment schedule for the rest...the sooner the better...

if you make the first move I generally find creditors are prepared to be a little more understanding

D