Notices

Day 3

Old 10-29-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Hi all. Nice forum you guys have built here.

I've been drinking alcoholically for around about twenty years or so. Tried Loo many times but usually just substituted with.another substance for a week or a month before going back to booze.

I used to substitute with just pot but I have been experimenting with stuff that I know I shouldn't be and t ok heonest I disgust myself. Using night nurse which is a cough syrup and a sedative and mixing it with codeine that I'm extracting from other stuff using amateur kitchen chemistry. Or I'll go to the doctors and lie my way into various prescriptions. Really not happy with the rOad I'm taking.

Anyway. I have an appointment with a local heath authority in a few days and I'm really hoping they can help me come to a solution with my problems.

I have done AA before for a couple of years and by following their program I was able to stay sober for the majority of that time. however I became sidetracked with another obsession and found myself drinking again a month or so after not attending AA. I don't wish to return to AA because I really don't think I can re-embrace the program. Maybe that mindset will cchange in time I don't know.

Anyway for now I just want to stay sober until my appointment because I'm worried that if I drink between now and then I probably won't make it to the appointment and it could he months or years before I find the desperation to sober up again.

Right now I'm trying to think ahead and the main. REason I am here is to try and build some kind of online support network for the times that I am alone and struggling.
Thanks for taking the time to read.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR you've found a fantastic source of online support network here, so you've definitely come to the right place.

AA isn't the only option available to you if you think you would benefit in any way from using a popular method. There's AVRT and SMART and others, and you can find information about them on this board.

Believe in yourself... you can be sober - all you have to do is stop putting alcohol inside you. It isn't easy but it is simple. You CAN do this.

Wishing you all the best.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I hope your appointment comes soon and you get
all the assistance possible to sort out your future...

Welcome to our Alcoholism Forum...