Notices

Nausea, Weight Loss, Pain

Old 10-25-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nausea, Weight Loss, Pain

I quit drinking this past summer after a very painful incident. I didn't eat anything all day then went to a wine tasting and drank a lot. I ended up feeling a sharp pain in my stomach, like I had been stabbed. I had started to feel a LITTLE of this in the previous weeks, but had ignored it. I immediately put down the bottle permanently. The problem is that after this my appetite completely disappeared and I started burping and feeling nausea all the time. I can't eat much and have lost about 30 pounds. I'm sure that I did this with alcohol, and I just want to know that it's not permanent! Has anyone experienced anything like this?
Old 10-25-2012, 06:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I experienced pain but not the rest of that. Time to go see a Dr.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Losing 30#, loss of appetite and having sharp stomach pains is an indication of many different things.

30# is a huge % of body weight for the average woman. You can't expect DX and medical help from a message board. go see a doctor and be very honest about the symptoms and amount of liquor. alcohol may have exacerbated another problem that is there too.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have actually seen numerous doctors who have found nothing wrong. I did a ten week course of Nexium and had numerous tests which have all been clear. My symptoms did lift for a solid week then returned. I don't see how anything besides alcohol and that particular event could have caused it. That day I went for a long run, met up with friends and was feeling fine. Nothing has been the same since I started pouring wine onto my empty stomach that afternoon. Just wondering if anyone else had recovered from something similar.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

The last time I had unexpected pain...tests were run includeing
a CT and MRI ..turns out it was a new problem not
related to my past drinking.

Please do continue to seek professional help..perhaps a new doctor
would be willing to perform different test

Welcome....