Notices

Out of control emotions

Old 10-22-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Out of control emotions

Hi all,

Today at work I made a big mistake and accidently left off all the fridges after cleaning last night, over £1000 worth of damage. I work for a small company so this is a big loss, my bosses were very understanding though but I ended up being sent home because I couldn't stop crying. Really wanting a drink right now, I am 3months sober, and I don't want to **** it up but I can't stand being this emotional!
Old 10-22-2012, 10:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

It's ok to cry when you have made a mistake...
Drinking again will only magnify your feelings ..it's
never an answer.

I'm glad your bosses were understanding...and they probably do have
insurance to cover losses.

Please calm down and know that we all make mistakes.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I second what Carol says... EVERYONE makes mistakes and you need to take some deep breaths and try another coping mechanism. Can you go for a walk, get some fresh air? Listen to soothing music? Watch a funny movie? Call a friend?
Old 10-22-2012, 02:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Galatians 5:13

We all make mistakes and they feel awful. Definitely a trigger for a lot of us. I am glad you posted instead of drinking. At some point in the future, I don't know how long, but you'll look back at this and chuckle a little. I hope that isn't too soon to mention.

You're obviously a very caring person. I am sure your employer is lucky to have you. And just think, you'll never leave the fridges off again! There's that!

Take care!

Oh, and congratulations on 3 months - very nice, I can't wait to get there!

---
Old 10-22-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Crying is good for you Estelle. At least at this time you are crying over something and not just randomly bursting into tears, which is what I did. *Hugs* Get lots of ice for the puffy eyes and you will feel better soon. Don't drink x
Old 10-22-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

awe Estelle that was probably the sweetest post I have read so far. I agree with Tammy you are surely a very caring person for this to have upset you so much. We are all human and right now as terrible as you feel tomorrow you feel better without drinking...guaranteed if you drink you will not feel better about it. Only worse. It is tough when we have personalities where we are dwell on things and are so hard on ourselves but we have to say...."oops, that sucked" and move on. It is easy for me to say because i would be EXACTLY where you are right now being as sad as you....but being the one looking in I can see so clearly that this too shall pass and life will go on and it will be a chuckle one day. Big hugs and be kind to yourself tonight.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by estelle View Post
Hi all,

Today at work I made a big mistake and accidently left off all the fridges after cleaning last night, over £1000 worth of damage. I work for a small company so this is a big loss, my bosses were very understanding though but I ended up being sent home because I couldn't stop crying. Really wanting a drink right now, I am 3months sober, and I don't want to **** it up but I can't stand being this emotional!
esteele, i am sorry to hear that ya made a mistake like us humans do, but also glad to see it has effected you this way. shows me you care about your actions and dont want to hurt others.
its also awesome to read you have such good bosses. you must be an asset to the company. now, put away the ass kickin machine and go look in the mirror and say," i am human. i make mistakes but i still love myself."
Old 10-22-2012, 09:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

For the longest time I thought recovery was about "feeling good."
I've since learned that my (mis)belief was based upon the same crap that contributed to me GETTING here: selfishness and self centered thinking.

I was constantly expecting "not drinking" to make me feel better. It did, but only briefly. Then I expected working my recovery program to straighten everything out and make my life smooth - it did....but not 100% and not 24/7.

What HAS happened is I've got a new way to live ALL of my life. Bad things happen but they don't cut so deeply anymore. And because I'm still pretty sensitive, bad days/mistakes sometimes lead to that old "you're a Piece of *%#" tape to turn on again. I've learned to recognize it sooner and am better at ignoring it.

It's OK that u messed up and it's ok that u feel like crap. (sometimes fighting those negative feelings just made them more intense). As of this moment tho......it's over an in the past. Focus in today.....now. Are u doing the things now yu know to be doing? Or, perhaps, are you still wallowing in some pity and adding neglecting new things? God knows I'm ooooften guilty of that.

I use some prayer for the willingness and strength to "let go" because its proven to be the most reliable for me. If push comes to shove, ignoring my "issues" for a bit and reaching out to help someone else usually centers me quite quickly.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support, glad to say I didn't have a drink. Also starting to see the funny side, also made me think about how easy it still comes to make an excuse to have a drink.

Thanks again
xxx