Notices

Relapsed

Old 10-21-2012, 11:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapsed

After 4 days being sober, i relapsed last night. I don't even know why i made the choice to buy it So now i retart my time yet again.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Learn from this. Find what was the trigger, your tought pattern at the time. It will help you prepare for next time.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I would try not too focus on the sobriety days. I have several months sober. I have relapsed 575 times. I've probably been to detox in a hospital a dozen or more times. I've been to treatment and in and out of AA for years. I was beginning to feel like a AA failure. I finally started to accept that I was making progress. The last year and a half I can count on my hand the number of days that I drank. My life is improving slowly & that is the most important thing.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Inkd..I believe you made the choice to buy it cause you wanted to get drunk..We have all been there..unfortunately until you want to be sober more than you want to be drunk nothing will really change. Dust your self off and start again..you can do this..

Justfor1..575 times? for real?
Old 10-21-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You need to believe in your own strength. When you think about going to buy it, talk yourself out of it. You are stronger than you think, all of us are.

You can do this, I hope you attend those meetings you talked about. I believe in you!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't beat yourself up over it. Presumably, if you're able to post here, you're not in hospital or jail!! So it could be a lot worse.
Just try keep yourself away from dangerous situations/people.

We're extremely vulnerable in the early days, so I'd advise you to make a plan for each day.

Stay safe and take the care of yourself you deserve.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I second ragamuffin, you can decide not to give in.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back inkd

many of us faltered a time or two...or three - I reckon I might even give J41 a run for his money with his 575...

I think it's really important to do something different...to at least add something to what you've been doing so far to stay sober...

have you got ideas?

D
Old 10-21-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i know thing's i can do to take up all of my free time, things i love to do like work on cars or cook! im a great cook, i worked in a 4star restruant before and did awesome.....ive worked on cars my entire life too
Old 10-21-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

We haven't talked a whole lot man, but we've talked. I know enough about you to know that you got a good head on your shoulders and a lot of things working i your favor. Just dust yourself off and start over again. We have a whole lifetime not to be perfect bro, don't let this hiccup throw your goals off. Talk to you later bro
Old 10-21-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's a great start...but can you stay busy every second for the rest of your life?

I couldn't.

Sooner or later we have to just be with ourselves, and thats where I think a lot of us fall down.

I was thinking of more support as a suggestion - it's always good to have some sober folks who've got your back, y'know?

D

D
D
Old 10-21-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

inkd you came back here and you want another go. I have not made one day sober yet - I've gotten as far as finding this place and I am 3/4 the way through a 1.5L of wine and hating myself already....be proud. Your 4 days inspire me. Some positive and encouraging posts above mine so take strength and go at it again. I love to cook too. We should share some recipes. I'm here to figure out a plan for my Day 1. It seems that sometimes it takes many efforts..don't give up. One of these times will be your winning battle. I am just starting.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

When I started working my AA Steps I switched from
shakey sobriety into solid recovery....I quit drinking..

Please consider adding AA ..it's full of people who are supportive
and willing to assist you during bad and good times too..

Welcome back....Yes! you really can win over alcohol