Notices

No reason to quit????

Old 11-04-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sounds like you stopped,for,good,reasons that suit you and the fit is fab. I'm not sure where I fell is severity..... Certainly in a grey area but I made the choice to ditch it with one of the primary reasons being it was a festering thorn in an otherwise super healthy lifestyle of good food and full on outdoor living mountainbiking, trail running, skiing etc.

Also, my job comes with a lot of travel, meetings and social gatherings that include drinks flowing so I wanted to curb that and remove alcohol from the equation.

Doesn't really matter if I needed to quit or wanted to... My body is saying THANK YOU too
Old 11-04-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Great job fellow Ohioan
Congrats on the sober time. Glad you are feeling GREAT and like the new you

O H........................
Old 11-27-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post. As superficial as it sounds, appearance is a big motivator for some people including myself, but I think it has more to do with feeling healthy and like I am taking good care of myself then anything. It helps me with self confidence.
I appreaciate you taking the time to post this.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ranger05 View Post
Hello all. I started a thread several weeks ago about wanting to quit drinking, or at least cut way down. I've been a 6-8 beer a night drinker for probably, geese, I dunno, maybe 25 years now. Not sure. But the truth is alcohol has never caused me any problems what so ever. No money trouble, no hangovers, no health problems, no nothing that I can think of. I know you've all heard it before. Functioning alcoholics and blah, blah. But it's really true with me. I truly couldn't think of one reason to quit, or anything bad that has ever occurred to me at all while drinking beer. I really can't. Maybe money. I do spend several hundred a month on beer. So maybe that. Truth is I really wanted to cut back just so I could lose some weight and look better.

Anyways, so I stopped my beer 21 days ago. It was not very hard except for the boredom. So I'm here today to maybe help people like me who really maybe don't have the problems that so many others on here have. If you can't really think of any reason to stop drinking I can give you a big one right now. Appearance!!! OMG, I can't believe the difference after only 3 weeks of abstinance!!! My face is so clear now!! I didn't even realize how red and ruddy my face had become. People have really noticed it. And my hair is softer and more vibrant if that makes sense. My skin is so much softer and has a much healthier tone. My eye's are super clear and blue now. My nose no longer runs. And food taste so much better also. And my bowel movements are much better also.

It really wasn't ever my goal to stop drinking entirely. I just wanted to cut back to a reasonable amount. But now that I look and feel so much better, I doubt that I'll ever go back. Certainly never to the extent that I was drinking. So that's my story. I thank you all for the encouragement and wish you all well!
Wow. Great story. I think to myself that if I could keep it to 5 or 6 a day and not wind up in trouble I'd have never even considered stopping. Then again if you look and feel better without the stuff then good on you for removing it from your life!

Definitely a lot to be said for having solid #2's for sure.... surprized the hell out of me when I stopped drinking and it happened to me. I heard a "plop" and thought I'd dropped my wallet.