Notices

the tears went flowing today...

Old 10-13-2012, 08:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Unhappy the tears went flowing today...

hopelessness started to take me over yet again, and worry about my future... 27 years old, and I'm just stuck... don't know what to do.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Coming here is good, Paulos, we care.

What if you just did something you enjoy today, without worrying about tomorrow or the future. All any of us get to live is one day at a time, so what if you just made some time today to do something you enjoy, or maybe just go for a walk and enjoy autumn colours?

Ann
Old 10-13-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I ask God to remove the fear. I then go wash the dishes!

Seriously. I can't stay in my head with those thoughts, or I am in deep danger.

I listen to AA speakers on my mp3 player. I put positive readings into my thoughts by reading all that I can to aide in my normal mindset which is discontent.

!

I do hope you feel better. Most of the time...I have to do something to change the way I feel.

If I don't drink to change it...now what do I do?

Call someone.

Post here.

Pray.

Write....pen to paper...I have fear I am getting old, I have fear to die, I have fear...etc....Please God remove my fear, I pray for knowledge of your will for us and the power to carry that out. Love, me.

Clean the house.

Go to the park.

Today is a good day.

It can be anything you wish for it to be. It's all about our attitude.

I am sending you a big hug, filled with hope and happiness today.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Paulos, are you going to AA meetings ?

All the best.

Bob R
Old 10-13-2012, 09:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Paulos,

I'm also 27 and also love Final Fantasy Tactics as your signature image seems to suggest! Wow, I was so addicted to that game! Almost as much as alcohol! Using Orlandu makes the game too easy though! I feel a little hopeless keeping up my 50 days of sobriety but I also don't want to throw it away either. There are just too many consequences of me drinking to even be worth it.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So funny that this was the first post I checked on here...was in tears with my drinking/life when I read this. Also 27 and was obsessed with tactics for a while. Don't know where my life is going either. Small world I guess.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Veetz - you'll find a ton of support here

D
Old 10-14-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee. I've read posts on this board more than a few times....this post was far too coincidental to stand on the sidelines anymore.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm also 27. What are you worried about? Sometimes just putting it out there is a good start.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

im also 27 and im a year and 2 months today to be exact. I've been going through a rough time with a recent break up with my girlfriend of 10 months, I met her when I was 2 months sober... today to be exact as well.... at 6 months of dating I told her my drinking problem and she supported me every way possible by being in AA. She came to my 1 year medallion and I cried like a little baby lol. Sadly there were too many fights over texting and she broke up with me 3 weeks ago. Although I'm sad and miss her terribly... I havent had the urge to drink because I know what would happen if I picked up again and if I did... i'd lose everything besides a relationship. Keep at it... its worth it in the end. sometimes you will feel sad and useless but imagine the feeling that would be ten fold if you pick up. we're lucky to have found the way to stop drinking at this age and time. as you get older it gets harder and harder. My sponsor drank for 35 years. I only did 7 years and even though it was just 7 i drank far more in less time so it didn't matter whether i drank not as much time as he did, i was still alcoholic. Have faith and good things will slowly start happening. Just stick with it your in the right place.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by THEOjibway View Post
we're lucky to have found the way to stop drinking at this age and time. as you get older it gets harder and harder. My sponsor drank for 35 years. I only did 7 years and even though it was just 7 i drank far more in less time so it didn't matter whether i drank not as much time as he did, i was still alcoholic
Man, I think you hit the nail on the head here. "we're lucky to have found the way to stop drinking at this age and time"

We're lucky to have the more "experienced" drinkers to learn from, and avoid their mistakes.

OP, you've been presented with a wonderful gift on this forum (that's how I see it, anyway). Its the gift of knowledge. The knowledge of what happens if you continue your old lifestyle. Make the right choice.