Notices

Screw it

Old 10-10-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Screw it

My "friend" and I are in charge of hosting our reunion this November. I'm the only one who has put time or money into it, and she is being a total bitch. She and I have been having issues anyway. I am so stressed about going anyway because of all the drinking. So... after yet another nasty email from her, my plan is to say SCREW IT and let someone else help her plan, and then I also won't have to go. I promised myself that I'd keep my priorities straight this time, and if anything is going to get in the way of my sanity or sobriety I would walk away. So, I plan to do just that. Unfortunately the contract is under my name, but I'll figure all that out. It's just not that important.

She had the nerve to say "you're not the only one under stress". I was hospitalized 3 times this summer, got arrested and lost my job. And I have a 20 month old toddler. She has not ONCE even asked how I'm feeling, nevermind offered to help. She's not a good friend anyway. Screw it. Screw her. I'm finally learning to not be a doormat.

Thanks for listening.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

I agree with that. If it's stressing you out, walk away from it. You don't need to be involved in that. I would avoid the reunion too.. too much alcohol can be a testy thing, especially when stressed out.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you! Step away from things you don't need in your life. It's not backing out; it's moving in a direction that's better for you. Tell her you're done. Short and sweet!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Doesn't sound like anyone needs that sort of nonsense. I'd let her get on with it.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
former walking pharmacy

I think you're making the right decision bjames. Doesn't sound like the kind of event that's accommodating to early sobriety anyway.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I learned over time to distance myself from to much negativity and negative feelings. nowadays if I don't feel good about something I just walk away. Once I am calm I make my decision and stick with it. Before I felt like a doormat too and people walked all over me. Nowadays I usually just distance me until I calm down, think about the situation, make a decision I feel good about and just go with it.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If you want to get sober and hang on to it....That's a good plan.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you!!! Bravo!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone My therapist was quite happy too which is of course a good thing.