Notices

71 days welcome to my pity party

Old 10-09-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

71 days welcome to my pity party

71 days sober today!!! My husband said he wants a separation. I knew it was coming, but it still hit me like a train. I'm confident in my sobriety, truly dont want to drink anymore, however I went four days without smoking and bought a pack after he said that. I am scared out of my mind right now. The thought of starting all over is scary, we own a business so we will still see each other almost every day. Has anyone else been thru this? How the H$$$ do you separate and see one another every day, and pretend like nothing is going on because its a public business, we own a bar, ironic isnt it. I am not thinking of "today" right now. My brain is going a thousand miles an hour about everything I have to get in order, find my own place, bank accounts, etc. Today I am sober, and will remain that way for myself and my son (14). Guess I need to vent, a separation is the last thing I wanted. Our town is literally four blocks big, I cant move to far because of my sons school, I will not make him switch. I think whats scaring me is running into him everyday, separation sounds like it would be a lot easier if you didnt have to run into your H all the time. How can either one of focus on growing, and moving forward, with or without each other when there's no space between us. Today, Today, I know Today, just searching for some encouraging words or advice.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I think your wise to begin planning for the future
and acknowledgeing your son will need support as this
new situation plays out.

You might consider getting legal assistance to protect your assets.
I did that and it was money well spent. Each state has different
laws so best to understand what needs immediate attention.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
where the light is

I was 23 months sober when my marriage ended. We have two kids so I did have to see her at least once a week. Three years later, life is good for both of us and the kids (50/50 joint custody).

It was extremely hard at the beginning but life goes on. I relied heavily on prayer, friends, family and my counsellor. I didn't drink - my kids needed a sober father. Still do.

Best wishes. Everything will be okay.