we're all mad here!

Go Dot Go Dot Go Dot!

Yer normal again, uh, is that possible?
Old 04-08-2004, 09:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rudiger
snip

Rudiger

P.S. Seriously Don, I hope you were able to save some ot your work there. It was priceless and very informative.
Nope...unless someone else saved 'em, all 400+ posts, 30 or so forum pages of them, are gone into cyberspace!
It's ok; we can just start over....
Don
Old 04-08-2004, 09:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Salvador Doggie

Don,

I printed out your post "Some Encouragement for the Newly Sober" for a friend that I met few weeks ago. He had just completed treatment at a rehab facility I visit every Tuesday. I'll try to look him up next week and see about getting a copy.

As for the monster thread, I just took it for granted that it would always be there. I do remember in early Febuary how I was having one heck of a rough time keeping my resolve for various reasons. One night I just by luck stumbled on SR and I read for hours what Steve, Niner, Gianna, Moot, Pad, and you had taken the time to post. By almost 6am I had completely gotten past my hour of darkness. You and Steve, along with this rest of the contributors of that thread got me safely through a pretty bad night. I've had the chance to meet some really great people because of it and today I am still sober. I don't know where I would be today if my feelings of futility that night had led to the Martini's I had planned. I might have missed out on a higher quality of life that followed directly. One year, three months, twentyeight days, and going strong now.... but who's counting?

Thanks all,

Rudiger
Old 04-08-2004, 10:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi, Rudiger!
I do have 'Some Encouragement'....heck, I'll repost it tonight. We were just going to start a Friday Affirmation thread each week, if I recall, so that's probably a good way to start. Hopefully others will chime in.
I'm sure a 'secular' thread will re-emerge like a phoenix....some religious person here is likely to suggest that true sobriety requires religious faith, or some other such nonsense, and off we'll go.

Now we'll see if the avatar I uploaded works.

Don S
Old 04-09-2004, 09:11 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

I kinda got used to the "monster thread" always being there too, rudiger. Oh well.

Don said....."I do have 'Some Encouragement'....heck, I'll repost it tonight. We were just going to start a Friday Affirmation thread each week, "
-----------looking forward to it!
Old 04-11-2004, 09:44 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

The site sure has changed. The posts from April go into the posts from January. That whole block is missing?

Take care
Wiebe
Old 04-11-2004, 10:04 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Yep! Makes for a kind of time warp. I believe that Jon's hair turned gray overnight.
Don S
Old 04-11-2004, 10:05 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Wiebe

Yeah, the hard drive crashed last week and we were down for days and everything from January to now is lost. BUT, we're back, thanks to Jon and the others and it's great to be here. It is different, but we're all slowly getting used to it. How are you doing?? I hope all is going well.

Love, Anna
Old 04-12-2004, 03:30 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Anna, yup things are fine on this end. Thanks. That Manitoba winter must be starting to ease up over there. Time for your garden soon.
Don, I tried to reply to a post of yours from January and that didn't work either. Are they working on that, or have the old posts become archives?

Take care,
Wiebe
Old 04-12-2004, 11:32 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

your garden must be getting ready to bloom, wiebe. pics, we need pics
Old 04-12-2004, 11:59 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Chy

Save this link somewhere else other than here. It is the emergency message board when we go down and the current location of our chat. Hopefully, we should have chat up here in 24 hours. *fingers crossed*

http://pub217.ezboard.com/brecoveryunlimited