Notices

young folks gettin sober, youre not missing out

Old 10-10-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Really glad I decided to come on this board and happy to hear bbthumper that things are going so well for you. Like you were, I'm 25 and have am making the choice to stop drinking. After a 4 day binge last weekend and going through some real tough withdrawal the past few days I've come to realize that life is better without drinking and excited to experience new things because of it
Old 10-10-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
cfm

BBT:
Congratulations, glad your happy
Old 10-11-2012, 05:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for this post! I'm 23 and have been trying off and on to stop drinking for a couple years now, I can really relate to what you say about how young people think they'll be missing out on things (I feel that way a lot) ! It's just a trick of the mind to fall right back into that black hole of a perpetual hangover and remorse
Old 10-11-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Friend of Jimmy B

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
I kinda feel bad for really young folks who join AA. I had a lot of fun in my late teen/early 20's. My life was like a beer commercial. I was going to very trendy clubs, joined a pool league, dancing ect.....Of course, fast forward 15 yrs & I am panhandling on the subway & drinking cheap vodka in alleys.
I was 22 and had been dead in an ER for 2 minutes, drank cheap vodka on park benches and slept on the subway. I was at a meeting about an hour ago and a guy shared how each of us get here when we need to get here.

-allan
Old 10-11-2012, 04:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I stayed sick for a very long time because I never believed that I could turn my life around. But with with a community of caring others, some life saving instruction and strong belief in myself, what seemed impossible when I was dumb and young became a reality when I became to mature emotionally.

"It doesn’t matter where you are coming from. All that matters is where you are going."
-Brian Tracy