Notices

1,537 days and the streaks over....

Old 10-07-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

Wow great posts I feel everyone's points and views that the thing about alcoholism is so complexed what one person thinks feels is not the same as another, but the bottom line is we can't control our drinking or why would be be here?? I can totally relate to not wanting to be labelled and wanting to have the choice to drink,if I want.

But that's not what I really want, because why would I want to drink 1 beer socially and go home? i drunk because i liked the affects of alcohol, I liked being drunk. What I really want is to be able to get drunk and have no consequences that excites me far more than having 1 beer, maybe that just me.!

If you can drink moderately and that's what you want then good luck with that, I know that what I call moderating is not what others would. 1 drink 2 drinks 1 bottle what is moderation and how do you judge it?? Is it slightly intoxicated, not blacking out?? My point is that all of that is irrelevant what is relevant in my view is why do I feel the need to take that drink after all the pain it has coursed me? I suppose once I can answer that I will be on the right path!!

Peace.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's perfectly possible to live our lives in such a way that our recovery is wholly and seamlessly integrated with the rest of our lives...it's something we *are*, not what we *do*....

but no recovery has anything with drinking again, not for drinkers like me.

I think we're doing people, especially newcomers here, a real disservice to put the idea out there that might be so.

Whether or not that was the intent in this thread, that's clearly the perception a lot of members are getting here.

I must admit I've found this thread quite vague and obtuse...and I think that contributed.

It seems like this thread is upsetting folks, Stugotz is out - it's a good place to end.

thanks everyone

D