Notices

1,537 days and the streaks over....

Old 10-05-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

That being said, no longer being abstinant I cannot honestly make suggestions to others as I once did.
I wouldn't say that Stu. I know I got more than a few things from your posts a year or two ago when you were talking about issues and being locked up and such. Some of the things you posted about stuck with me. And no matter what your next journey may be...sober, not sober, complete abstinence or not abstinence that doesn't take away all your experience which can help others.

I certainly don't feel you need to leave, but that's your choice to make.

Steve
Old 10-05-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Im new to this forum so maybe im missing something here.
i agree with Heavy...why would you come on a recovery sight to say you're drinking again.
Stu...to those of us in early recovery...it's harmful. And to the ones that have been recovered
for quite some it could be dangerous. That being said, do you mind me asking why you chose
a recovery site to share this?
Old 10-05-2012, 10:47 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I don't see anything that Stu said or did as a danger to anyone. We all take responsibility for our own actions..NO ONE has the ability to make us drink early in sobriety or years into our journey. SR is a place to vent, to share and to receive support. I hope everyone keeps that in mind when choosing to berate a long term member.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

That came across wrong if you took it as berating. I was just curious why it was chosen. It could have been for so many different reasons. I was actually just asking for what is mentioned as sharing. I agree that we all have a choice. That's why I'm here. I have felt bad enough about myself for things. I would be the last person to make someone else feel bad. The only way to learn is to ask. My apologies if taken wrong.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:00 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Hey Stu? Did you know there were new meetings in MI? Courage to Change on 520 above tijuana flats? Lots of good people there!! Just sayin...
Old 10-05-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nobshere View Post
I don't see anything that Stu said or did as a danger to anyone. We all take responsibility for our own actions..NO ONE has the ability to make us drink early in sobriety or years into our journey. SR is a place to vent, to share and to receive support. I hope everyone keeps that in mind when choosing to berate a long term member.

I don't see anyone berating anyone...Asking questions maybe. I will say in my short time in AA I have seen some people go back out...I have a good friend there now....I'm still waiting for the one to come back and say it was better this time....I think it will be a long wait.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:23 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

WOW! This has been an awesome forum with valuable input from all. Stu--sorry for your loss & appreciate your honesty. I hear what your saying. I for one, know I can not return to alcohol...yeah, I got the craving mechanism for sure. But I also am realizing, that stopping drinking won't cure ALL of me. I often feel I was better off when I was drinking as I could run from all the crap I face lately. Been sober 19 months...in those 19 months, I was in rehab, jail, my son & daughter both got DUI's, dad had 2 heart attacks & a stroke...I lost my license for 10 years and the hits just keep on coming. But I stopped drinking because that drink was involved with all my legal & family problems...I still go to 4 sometimes 5 meetings a week because I want to fix myself and reclaim joy that was once a part of my life--fixing myself has become a harder job than stopping drinking so far. But I know I can't fix myself if I am drinking, so I will stay stopped...because alcohol was a taker for me...I wish you well Stu...and we're always here for you...
Old 10-05-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNot View Post
Hey Stu? Did you know there were new meetings in MI? Courage to Change on 520 above tijuana flats? Lots of good people there!! Just sayin...
Tijuana Flats? Great meeting, went a few weeks ago, let me tell ya, that group knows how to have fun. Karaoke after the meeting, meditation during. And very biker friendly!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

((((stug))) I will miss you. Please do check back on us from time to time and let us know how youre doing. Your posts were aways helpful to me.

Love from Lenina
Old 10-05-2012, 11:49 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Just4now...you stated Stu's post was harmful and dangerous, to me that equates berating..disagree that's fine. I suggest you might like to focus on the years of support he has offered many SR members..possibly offer some words of condolences for the friend he lost. just sayin'
Old 10-05-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Threshold View Post
Stu,

I don't care if I ever get to a place where I can say "I could take a drink and it wouldn't matter". But I want to get up in the morning and feel I can face the day, really face it and embrace it without layers of magical thinking, masks and sidestepping.

I've always gotten the sense that is what you want as well, for your life to not be about drinking, or not drinking, or a regimen of recovery. But for life to be about life, which is enough. More than enough.
There it is, in the perverbial Nutshell Folks.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Sapling..stating someone's post is dangerous and harmful is berating unless you have a different definition of the word. I believe in personal responsibility for ones actions...I repeat NO ONE can make me drink..if a post rattles your sobriety that is on you.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

All the best Stu.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:01 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nobshere View Post
Sapling..stating someone's post is dangerous and harmful is berating unless you have a different definition of the word. I believe in personal responsibility for ones actions...I repeat NO ONE can make me drink..if a post rattles your sobriety that is on you.
Thats His/Her opinion and its justified, Lord knows I have plenty of them. Just sayin...
Old 10-05-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

LOL..we might just have a different definition of justified! Peace to you and your fallen friend.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:07 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Please keep us updated. IMO some people may be jealous that you drank a 1/2 a beer & didn't end up on a "bender" & in jail. I slipped for 1 day & still am not sure if I did the right thing by telling everyone. I enjoy a non -alcoholic beer every now & again. It has about as much alcohol % as a large glass of orange juice.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Not to fan any flames but a sizeable % of posts on SR are people sharing that they drank/used AGAIN.

It's reality. Sometimes it's a wake up call, sometimes it's non climactic.

there are subjects I have to self regulate myself on being engaged in.

I taste a thread and if it's poison for me hurry on my way.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
Tijuana Flats? Great meeting, went a few weeks ago, let me tell ya, that group knows how to have fun. Karaoke after the meeting, meditation during. And very biker friendly!!!
Bomb fire meeting Saturday night! Are you familar with Club Zion in CB? Lots of bikers there and lots of great people too. CZ Riders have lots of great biker runs.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNot View Post
Bomb fire meeting Saturday night! Are you familar with Club Zion in CB? Lots of bikers there and lots of great people too. CZ Riders have lots of great biker runs.
It appears we know all the same people.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

720 views..damn thats a lot..Thanks Stu! Seems you have helped many today!