Notices

Dream Study...

Old 10-04-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dream Study...

I used to have this dream. It was what they call a Lucid dream, It was so vivid and I remember it well, I was in there, in my dream and fully aware. In this dream, I couldn't run. i was trying to run and would just go nowhere. I would lean forward in order to run faster, it didn't work. i would lean to the point where my chest was about an inch off the ground, still, not really moving. I would get frustrated, I wanted so badly to run. I would get tired and out of breath, and basically remain in one spot. It was agony... I'm not sure if this was a re-occurring dream, or I just remember it so well..
Now fast forward to 9 months into my sobriety. the other night (after I went jogging) I had a dream. In the dream I was running, I was running fast and running far, mile after mile, i didn't get tired, I just kept running and it felt great.
My interpretation is simple. Before I know I was an alcoholic, My dream was my state of being. Something was bogging me down not allowing me to run. Now, my dream is telling me that I have found out what it was and how to live with it..

Thanks for reading if you made it this far..

Heavy...
Old 10-04-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good dream analysis That was my recurring dream too. I could run, but I never got very far, like I was running through treacle, and I was always running away from someone/something. I read that it meant that there were things in your life that you weren't facing up to. Come to think of it I haven't had it in a while, at least not for 7 months x
Old 10-04-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Things happening in the real world can effect the dream world. Sounds, smells and physical feelings will all transfer over and cause various effects. When we are in the dream stages of sleep our body's are actually paralyzed by a chemical so that we don't act out our dreams and hurt ourselves. I believe this is the cause of sluggish and slow movements in dreams; we are attempting to move about while paralyzed!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Euphoric Recaller

I'm a big believer in dream interpretation. I believe that my HP sends me messages in my dreams so I pray at night before bed and then pay close attention to what happens in my dreams that night.