Notices

What do you think: should I stop drinking?

Old 10-04-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
~sb

If alcohol weren't an issue for someone, they would most likely not have a problem stopping.

Why not give it up for 90 days and see what happens?

AA steps work for untreated alcoholism. For me, alcoholism is that I can't live without drinking. Not so much how much or how often I drink. I can't cope.

Today, the 12 steps help me to live life alcohol and illegal drug-free (except for caffeine and nicotine, at this point).

Glad you found us!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
I don't think it's about quantity it's about why you drink.
Me it was clearly to get away from my problems, to forget.

I had to get to that nice buzz when you feel super good, right before feeling super bad..
That's why i am so worried and scared to tell myself I won't drink again. I know I'd probably better not drink at all instead of drink in moderation. But wow, it has been my companion for so long. How am I going to be without it? Will people like me? Will I ever be comfortable with myself? My signature has been big emotions and a passionate life style. What if that turns out to be alcohol-related? what if I'll be boring or worse, what if I can't find release for the person inside me?
Old 10-05-2012, 12:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

(Day six today, though)
Old 10-05-2012, 12:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Euphoric Recaller

Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
That's why i am so worried and scared to tell myself I won't drink again. I know I'd probably better not drink at all instead of drink in moderation. But wow, it has been my companion for so long. How am I going to be without it? Will people like me? Will I ever be comfortable with myself? My signature has been big emotions and a passionate life style. What if that turns out to be alcohol-related? what if I'll be boring or worse, what if I can't find release for the person inside me?
What if it turns out to be the best descision you ever made? Let's not get too caught up in to all the what ifs and just let things play out and see what happens.