Notices

My first post on here!

Old 10-01-2012, 11:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My first post on here!

Hi everyone, i'm chris and i'm a chronic alcohlic.
i am now on day 44 of being sober and come through some rough patches already in my sobriety.. im finding it great so far tho it;s like having a new lease of life .
if i can anyone whom reads this a bit about my drinking , i started my drinking because i had a sister commit suicied and it was myself whom found her i was 15 at the time , very shortley aftre this i was abused by a freind of the family , so i started drinking to take me off into a different feeling away from hurtiting little di i know that this would ruing me and cause so much devistation because that's what it does.
I remember just sitting in my bedroom when i was 17 craving drink so i went to a shop where i knew i buy it cheap cider it was abv 7.5 stuff rubbish it was i got addicted i was soon drinking morning till night , i soon got off it tho, i gaot a job at a place called boundary mill in colne and loved it on security, but i pushed myself and ended up as a retail manager and sucsessfull at it , i was also struggling with my sexuality at this time i was with a partner at the time , i also had a son with her, but i new deep down i was gay but would not come out.
Anyway i started drinking heavy at night again sneeking vodka in the house in lukozade bottles but she thought i was having 3 or 4 bottles of larger when our son had gone to bed , this went on for years, 4 year ago i lost another sister to suicied a overdose, that was it for me i lost it.
shortly after i came out to my partner and left her, moved into a flat and drank at least 3-4 bottles of vodka a day lost my job of 13 yrs, got banned for drink drive, ect the usual this drink pattern carried on for 2-3 years on and off , i managed to get it to cider but then stayed addicted to that , but was still drinking from morning till night and topping it up with vodka.
Luckly i met my current partner and he is great he has supported me through thick and thin of my addiction and trust me i would of even left me with what i have put him through and i have had sober spells but never in this mind set , and i aim now to take it a day at a time and a minuet at a time xx
thanks for reading x
chris.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome
Old 10-01-2012, 11:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Chris and thanks for sharing your story
You'll find a lot of support here - good to have you with us.

Congratulations on your 44 days

D
Old 10-01-2012, 11:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Welcome Chris, good to hear you are getting sober and recovering from the hardships. This site has made a huge difference in my recovery, many others as well.

There is also a GLBTQ in Recovery - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information forum here you can search and share there as well.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks , i was nervous about putting on a post , but positive action breed a healthy mind , it's good to know people understand me x
Old 10-02-2012, 01:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey, Chris.

Congrats on 44 days!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Chris Really glad you're here and I am sure SR will be helpful to you. Are you getting any other support too? x
Old 10-02-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'm sorry you had so many tragic events ..

Congratulations on beginning a sober future...

Welcome to our recovery community...
Old 10-02-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

44 days is so awesome! welcome!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on 44 days! Welcome to SR. Read and post often, you will get great support.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

yeah i'm getting other support, and thanks for the message x i have a key worker x