Notices

There is a solution (i hope)

Old 10-01-2012, 11:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

There is a solution (i hope)

Many of you have probably already heard my story. If not, go to my past threads and read, if you wish. I've been in a relapse and have been out for about 4 weeks now and it has been hell. Drinking daily, as a college student, is not the way to go. I really want to be sober and have tried to go to meetings but I often find myself not listening at the meetings and cracking open a drink the second I get back to my dorm. Clearly something isn't right.

After getting written up twice for alcohol, I promised my parents I would seek out a counselor and ask for professional help. So, last week, I made an appointment to go meet with a counselor and talk to her about my addiction.

That meeting was this morning and I learned a lot about myself. I learned that not only do I suffer from addiction, I also suffer from depression. I finally got some outside force advising me to seek out a treatment center. Starting this week, I will be starting the process of getting on medical leave to attend a rehab. Hopefully my family and friends and support system will be there to assist me and be there for me every step of the way, but who knows. One day at a time. There is a solution (i hope).

At the end of this brutal journey that I'm sure all of us have taken at some point or another, I will finally be back on the road to sobriety. I will finally be happy again. And I will finally get my life back on track again.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My recovery began in 1989 in a 90 day recovery home stint.

It was necessary for me and it saved my life.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 10-01-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

All my best as you re start your sobriety ..
Please keep in touch and let us know how we can help

I too had false starts before I found my solution and actually quit.
Forward we go side by side...Welcome back....

Last edited by CarolD; 10-01-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

home, I did the same thing for a long time. I would leave a meeting only to find the nearby bar/liquor store. I felt like a AA failure. In the beginning I do not think I was even serious about stopping drinking. Then I started really trying & I was able to get more periods of sobriety. I didn't achieve much sobriety at all until I started seeing a psych Dr. & therapist.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Good for you for going at this again, Homeefrii, it takes courage, I know. It is great news that you have found an understanding counselor and received some direction to seek medical treatment for depression.

This is partly why Dee The Wise suggests we always talk to our primary care physician when we are deciding to quit our addiction. Good for you, keep posting OK?