Notices

Is It Starting?

Old 10-01-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
When do you plan on seeing this doctor?....Next month?. A good doctor with at least some experience with addiction can make quitting completely safe and comfortable for you. Then I'd recommend getting into a proven program like AA...Following the suggestions of the many people you will meet there that have beat this....And going on to enjoy a new life. I grew up in Fairfax...Nice town.
Well, I did post that September 30th, and it is October 1st, so technically it already is next month lol. Like I said, I am working it out. I'm at home all day without a car until 5:30 p.m. when everyone gets home, then I have a car but I have to go to work. I'm also on my parents health care plan, so hiding the fact I went in for a Alcoholism would be preeeety hard, especially with the billing. So this is going to take some planning.

So in the meantime, it looks like I have to either go cold turkey, which is too dangerous and something I can't afford doing with my job and living at home, or tapering / weaning myself off slowly, which sounds like it would raise the least amount of red flags and I would be in less physical danger than if I just stopped abruptly. Last week I went 3 days before caving in again, and the symptoms seemed pretty steady. The first day was actually the most stressful. The next two, while still full anxiety, were much better, although I did have bloating and gas. I still have not gotten the shakes.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SubPop View Post
I'm also on my parents health care plan, so hiding the fact I went in for a Alcoholism would be preeeety hard, especially with the billing. So this is going to take some planning.
I don't think that's a realistic reason for not doing it....But you are going to do what you're going to do...I don't have any good experience with tapering...I can only wish you well. Maybe someone else has had better luck with it.