Notices

and the academy award for acting goes to....

Old 09-21-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silly View Post
It's painful! I would honestly wake up at 3 am and wonder if I'd thrown away a receipt, pushed the bottle deep enough into the trash, stashed a pint far enough back into a drawer. Then also wonder if my partner would ever insist on seeing my personal checking account statement. Damn! I should have always paid with cash. How do I get rid of those transactions?

Horrible way to live.
Yes! If I ever feel like picking up a sack or going to the liquor store I stop and think about the extent I will have to go to hide it.

I have to drive to pick it up, worry that someone will see the transaction and call it in ( for pot only ), stop at the store on the way home and get SOMETHING just so I can say that I went to the store if anyone asks where I went. Then comes the waiting game! Wait for family to go to bed, pace around in my room and curse them for staying up later than normal and ruining my plans. Sneaking out of my room and going to the downstairs bathroom so the flush won't wake anyone up.

Then I have to deal with the aftermath, waiting for the family to leave so I can stash the empties in my trunk, and over time quite a few begin to accumulate so then I have to drive to a park somewhere and dump them in a trash, but only if no ones around to see it. I would constantly worry that I forgot about something; the plastic seal on the top of a bottle left out, bottle caps, pipes, baggies, small scraps of marijuana. If someone came into my room and needed something, what could they need and where would they look for it? I had to make sure never to hide things in any of the places people might go to look for a stapler, pen or anything like that.

The effort, the paranoia, the restlessness, the waiting... It SUCKS.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Dalia...I too took perverse pleasure in fooling everyone. I held my own for a long while. So clever I was. Such a badass. ha!
Whether my behavior toward the end was actually "passing muster" is up for debate. The whole "lost-my-mind-got-locked-up" debacle kinda blew my cover.
I have complete faith that you can do this.
It's jump off time freedom awaits...