Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Question for those who have been sober for some time...

Notices

Question for those who have been sober for some time...

Old 09-25-2012, 11:38 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Zee

I don't think I miss alcohol... sometimes I feel like I need 'something'... this is usually remedied with coffee and chocolate
Old 09-25-2012, 09:44 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by VolcomStone51 View Post
In all honesty, the craving to drink has been completely lifted.

There are times where I may say that it would be nice to enjoy a drink and relax (no craving though, just a quick stupid thought), and then I just think about all the times where it never ever turned out like I planned and then the thought dissapears as quickly as it came and I just keep on moving forward.
Precisely my thoughts. I still have moments where I think about how this aspect or that aspect of drinking was nice, but then those thoughts are overwhelmed by considering the entirety of the hell that drinking brought. It also helps that there are others that I am accountable to. If not for that, well... I'm just not entirely sure, to be honest. Maybe I would be okay, but for how long I can't say.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:00 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Yes, it did for me. I was really at peace. Did not miss alcohol one bit. One day a disaster struck, literally. I was sitting on the curb and a man walked by with a wagon, the kind that kids have, and handed me a beer from the cooler in it.
Its been almost 15 years trying to climb back out of the hole from that one beer.

But yes, at one point, I had over a year, and no cravings.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:42 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Went to AA did the steps like they suggested with a sponsor, that was over 3 years ago and no cravings whatsoever...its what they promise on the pamphlet:-)
Old 09-26-2012, 01:14 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
instant

Yes they do, and you can become very strong in sobriety . I have come to view alcohol as a poison, but ti does not evoke strong feelings. It is in the same category as heroin, or bathroom bleach.