Notices

Waiting on the results

Old 09-18-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Waiting on the results

Hi, im Jenning new to this forum.I have 11m months clean,four in jail and four in residential treatment.Ive been home a couple of months and yesterday i went to sign up for out patient treatment.After the assesment the counselor wanted a urine screen. I thought no problem i have to go anyway and im clean i have nothing to worry about. So we are waiting for results and everything is negative but the window for benzos.I said to her i dont know why that would be because im clean have been for going on a year. So shes sending it to the lab and it kind of pisses me off that the screenings are not more acurrat. I know I havnt done anything but then agin in the back of my mind I think about all those inoccent people you see,or here about that go to jail for murder then they figure out several years down the road they really didnt do it.This is the second time this has happend to me several years ago at this same place i got a positive for alcohol when i had been taking antibuse regularly the nurse sent that one off to lab ahe ended up saying she had been using hand sanitizer and it must have contaminated the test.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

congrats on all the clean time! Awesome.

It feels very discouraging when we are working on pulling our life back together and stuff like this happens. Sort of a damned if we do, damned if we don't.

I hope the results come back soon and it's all been cleared up. Sounds like you are practicing some patience right now while you wait. Come back and blow off some steam if you need to, let us know what the results are.

It was a real relief to me last week when I did a pre hire drug text and I didn't need to worry about it etc...but still there is always that niggling fear...what if...

I haven't quite gotten used to the idea that if I do the right thing, day after day, I won't have to live in fear all the time.

keep moving forward!
Old 09-18-2012, 03:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for your support it means alot to me
Old 09-19-2012, 05:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I have no experiences to share on how such testing is done....
or how accurate they are. Sorry this happened to you..

I'm really glad you are clean and sober...despite this difficult situation
Shows a lot of strong recovery...

Welcome to our supportive community..
Old 09-19-2012, 05:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome to SR I'm glad you're here! Congratulations on being clean 11 months - that's fantastic! Good for you.

I'm sorry you're going through this, it must be very disheartening. At least you know that you are clean and sober, and that is the most important thing. I hope it all gets sorted out very soon and I'm looking forward to seeing more from you on the boards.

All the best.