Notices

New father old problem

Old 09-17-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New father old problem

I'm only 23 years old but have a serious problem I've been binge drinking since I was 14. Now I seem to drink and just can't stop for days. A year and a half ago I went on a 5 day binge and ended up in the hospital quit for a month but now I've slowly come back to that but much worse I'm 160 lbs going through 40lbers in a day. 2 days ago I had withdrawal so bad my hands locked up while I was driving on the highway managed to pull over get home, now I'm ready for sure I got a 10 old beautiful baby girl I need to take care of I also screwed myself out a good opportunity at work by lying to get time off I'm anxious and scared and need help

Thanks,darryl
Old 09-17-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Darryl
You'll find a lot of support here

Have you thought about a recovery programme - like AA or something similar?

There's many different approaches and methods of recovery around - here's some links to some of the main players:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

I recommend you visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a non 12 step approach.

D
Old 09-18-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dont give up keep fighting!!!

All the things you are talking about has happened to me ive lost several jobs and ive had to be ruahed to the hospital cause my whole body would lock up.My son is know 16 its to late for me to give him the kid of childhood he deserved.Its not to late for you but dirat you have ro take care of you find out the reason for your destructive drinking get what ever is inside you out so you can start healing.If you need someone I am here.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dear Dareal144,

I am sorry that you are suffering. I can hear the fear in your voice, I am sure we all can.

As Dee said and everyone else will tell you, there is plenty LOADS of help for you to turn to here and elsewhere so please use it.

Don't look back at what you have done, look forward to what you can have with your beautiful baby girl and family.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

All my best to you and bavy daughter as you work towards a better
sober future....

Welcome to our recovery sommunity...
Old 09-19-2012, 07:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone today is day three I'm going to the doctors,aadac and an aa meeting tonight as well as a smart recovery meeting tommorow night,reading all these posts has really helped thank u For your wisdom