Notices

Lost and confused

Old 01-17-2004, 08:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy Lost and confused

Hi my name is baileigh. I am new at all this. I never wanted to admit that i had a problem. I was raised around drinking and partying so i guess i saw nothing wrong with it. until i had kids. then i see out of his eyes the fear that i remember. He told me the other day i acted funny when i drank #that stuff# My marriage is barely holding on and im not real close with my family. but, i find more and more reasons to stop and get a 6 packetc. then hide it all around the house! I want to find myself. I want so badley to be happy and find a spiritul realationship wit God. i need friends!
Old 01-17-2004, 01:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Baileigh,

I live right in "your neck of the woods", literally! (I have sent you a PM)

Admitting and acknowledging we have a problem is a "huge" step.

My children, ages 10 and 15, were and are a motivating force on my journey to sobriety.

One day I realized I wasn't the mother, wife, friend, daughter or sister that I once was. I was pushing/testing the limits of every relationship. ..including my relationship with God. I was miserable. Depressed...and unhappy with it all...which, would lead me to another drink.

That just wasn't working...at all. I had to stop drinking. I had to try to live my life without alcohol, without beer...my "bestest buddy".

It scared the heck out of me to think of living life without drinking.

Now, it scares me to think of how I lived through my drinking.

This is a great community of support and inspiration....welcome.

Rose
Old 01-17-2004, 05:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome and Hi Baileigh...

I read another post of yours in Nrecomers so I know you are attending AA.

Great! AA is where I found a new sober life...friends who understand joy.

This can be true for you as well. The more meetings....the easier it becomes.

Please do kee in touch...ask questions..we are here to be of service to YOU.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forums Baileigh.

AA helped me to get in touch with the Higher Power of my own understanding.

Today I live a happier and more spiritual life based on that relationship with my HP. AA may be able to help you too.

I have found many friends in AA and on this website so I want to encourage you to keep going to meetings and to continue posting.

Quitting alcohol can be a very difficult time for us during those early days but my own experience has taught me that staying close to people who are not drinking and trying to find a better way of living helped a lot.

Keep coming back. It does get better.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Me2
Paused

Well

Well there are many reason to quit...health,family...being sober and enjoying life. Also a major one is that Alcohol will eventually completely destroy your life. I mean the stark reality of it is ..the end is ugly. And worse the enduring it until the end is even worse. Seen in its true light its hideous. Thankfully life somehow in its design was set up to give all these warnings and if we heed them we can turn around and recover. Just the fact that you are here is ample evidence you have reached a truning point.There is help out there for you....you just need to be available...sounds like you are...dont beat yourself up to bad...most Alcoholics do a good enough job on that and by the time they get helpp just need to learn the steps and process of recovery. No one here is pointing fingers and backbiting....we all ahve one common bond and it transcends our many differences...or should and thats that we are united against addiction to Alcohol....Welcome....Steve
Old 01-19-2004, 04:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Baileigh, you've come to the right place for friends. We all help each other and offer support and understanding to each other. Hang around here and get to know us. If you read some of the posts you will get inspired to be and stay sober.

Love, Anna