Notices

My Dream

Old 09-12-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Dream

I had to bump this thread! Last night I only had 5 1/2 beers compared to the normal 12-16 I usually have. I had an awful nightmare where I was admitted to a hospital with an unknown condition and they stuck an IV in my scalp. I asked the docs why and they said I had a brain infection and the IV would soak into my brain and kill the organisms causing the problem. I looked down and I also had an IV in my wrist area and it began swelling out of control with blood and water inside the needle site. The nurse tried to compress it to stop the swelling and then these bruises started coming up my legs from my feet traveling like a foot per second. I ran to the nurses station and after I got there my skin started to peel off my arms and the nurse just ran over to me and started to peel big sheets of skin off my arms as fast as she could, like she was desperately helping me. A few other things happened but that is all I can recall now as I am exhausted. I cannot believe how real this all was in this nightmare. I almost lost it driving to work this morning as I don't want to experience this again.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Wow...that is really a bad nightmare for sure...

I moved it from the old thread so members could read it easier

I can say....the longer I've stayed in recovery the less frequent
those bad dreams happened.
Hope that will be true for you too.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sally1009

Ummm.. The nurse helping you peel the skin suggests to me that you are feeling raw and exposed as buried feelings come to the surface. It's painful, but good for you. Just wondering if that's what the dream means..
Old 09-12-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sally1009 View Post
Ummm.. The nurse helping you peel the skin suggests to me that you are feeling raw and exposed as buried feelings come to the surface. It's painful, but good for you. Just wondering if that's what the dream means..
Wow I didn't think of that but I believe there is truth to your interpretation. I thought it must mean something, but it was SO disturbing and it took awhile for me to adjust back to reality again. So real I can't explain. I totally think you may be right.

Since I have been on the road to recovery, I have looked into Traditional Chinese Medicine, which goes back thousands of years. Do you know what they say. The emotions are stored in the LIVER! So I guess all those emotions are finally having a chance to come out. And it IS painful.