Notices

A strange dream the other night.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DAB

A strange dream the other night.

A couple of nights ago I had a dream that I was in a liquor store.
I was with one of my old drinking buddies who has been sober now for about 10 years. For some reason he couldn't buy the beer so he sent me in to buy it.
I remember very vividly trying to choose between the Stroh's 18 pack and the Stroh's case. I chose the case, while I was pulling it out of the cooler it dawned on me that I wasn't drinking anymore. I pushed the case back in and I woke up shortly after that.
What I can't figure out is, why Stroh's?
Do they even make Stroh's anymore?
I haven't had Stroh's for 20 years I bet, and it wasn't that great if my memory serves me right.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

strohs...never drank it, but sure saw a lot of it at family gatherings when i was a youngen.
something that got me yesterday:
i have heard poeple with many years of sobriety ask about " these new fangled alcoholic drinks." i used to laugh.
then i was in the store yesterday: bud light lime a rita..... ???????

i have had dreams with tequila. funny thing is i only drank it once.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Strohs? that's funny.

Isn't it weird how we remember in our dreams that we're not supposed to be drinking? I have so many of those. Some of which I take a sip of something, and then remember. And start making excuses for it so I don't have to tell anyone. All this scheming going on in my dream.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had a dream the other night that isnt very clear but i remember being in a drinking situation and i try my hardest to push it away and im like "NO NO NO if i drink this that means I really can't stop on my own and I need help get it away from me. "
Then I woke up. Weird ****.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

not alone. I have been sober for a year now and once in awhile I have a drinking dream. Just a few nights ago I was dealing with some personal issues and the old way to deal with them was to drink. Well I went to sleep and dreamed up a drinking dream. In my dream I was still sober for the past year but something came up and I got upset so I told myself "forget this." So I got up and grabbed my wallet and headed to the closest bar. I sat down and ordered my favourite drink I use to have a double rum and coke. Started pounding them back and I get a phone call from my mother asking where I was and I told her at work. She hung up and I continued to drink at this bar, got another call from her telling me she called my work and they said told her I called in sick that day. I hung her up and kept drinking more and more and more. I remember waking up from that dream and being so relieved that it was just a dream... that dream use to be real back in the summer 2011. Id not show up for work because Id be drunk still from the night before... one point I was sent to the hospital after a drunk fight with my ex friend. They called in to my work and told them I fell down the stairs and smashed my face off several steps. My job only ever had my parents home number in their records and called them the next afternoon to see if I was okay and they told them they weren't aware of my "accident" ended up my mother calling me that night to ask what happened... well being a stupid drunk I was back at my friends house again drinking heavily with him and him making up for beating me by drinking and being happy. She came to his house and confronted me and took me back to her and my dads place to spend the night there. I was a real wreck so that dream I had... made me happy it was just that... a dream. Doesnt mean I want to drink but I believe in the back of my mind that alcoholic side of me is still there and was wanting to drink but I never went through with it or even considered it.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

My drinking dreams became less frequent the
longer i've stayed in recovery
Don't know if that will happen to you too...but I certainly hope so.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
My drinking dreams became less frequent the
longer i've stayed in recovery
Don't know if that will happen to you too...but I certainly hope so.
What Carol said ....
Old 09-12-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've had many a drinking dreams since being sober for 19months now. I will say they do happen less and less as time goes on, but never really go away. Its gotta be our subconscious somehow working against us. I've meet people with 20years sobriety and they still have them from time to time.

The good news is they are ONLY a dream and waking up feeling sober is reward in itself.

One day at time. Keep fighting the good fight!