Old 06-12-2017, 05:20 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 5 years Brandon - great stuff

D
Old 06-17-2018, 07:02 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Update:
Six years yesterday (or today... I don't really know how soberversary works).

Last month my wife and I took a two week vacation to visit 5 national parks, and a national monument. We hiked over 100 miles. I'd have never done that when I was drinking; I'd have spend the entire trip drunk. It was a phenomenal trip!

As I've stated in this thread previously, I hope that my sobriety motivates someone else. If I can do this, anyone can. I'm not exceptionally bright, or super motivated.

If you're drinking and reading this, you're obviously here because you realize there may be an issue. Do yourself a favor: stop drinking.

Sober life is waaayyyy better.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:13 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

'grats Brandon

D
Old 06-19-2018, 08:34 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Remember this is a highly genetic condition. My father has it and so do i, so I raised the kids with the message that they could have it too, and they would never know what they were missing if they just never started.

My 19 year old has had wine a couple times, just a glass. my 21 year old has never had a drink. she's tasted it but didn't like it, she said it's too disgusting to justify the risk of trying to drink it. They are very into coffee, hanging out with small groups of friends, hiking, writing, reading, travel. They are successful for their age, one finished up at a UC this June and one is transferring to one. They are beautiful, smart, and together. People ask me what I did as a mother and how I raised kids like t hat......honestly I want to say, "I told them never to start drinking and partying.". Because NOT doing that is what gives kids potential and hope and ambition. alcohol destroys dreams.

Just stay off it. Your life will turn out way, way better. Trust me.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:00 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

sorry I just read your update! congrats on your sober time. I hope to have that much myself one day! I just saw my daughter off on a plane to Peru, forgive my ramblings...just thinking about them