Notices

i need help....

Old 08-29-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Location: “It doesn’t matter where you are, you are nowhere compared to where you can go.”
i need help....

I think I need some divine intervention. I was on my way to a meeting, but my car battery is dead.(I think)..must be an omen. At least I can't go buy booze either.

Instead..........cooking a roast for hubby and hoping he still loves me when he gets home.
--love vibes to all
Old 08-29-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location: “It doesn’t matter where you are, you are nowhere compared to where you can go.”
DAMMIT! this sucks!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No phone numbers for other AA folks? Get a ride from anyone else?
Old 08-29-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am a grandma (age 47) with sweet, sweet , sweet granddaughters who deserve a 'normal' grandmother. The oldest loves me to the end, but I don't deserve her. The youngest isn't quite one year old. Which would be better-leave or go. I'm being serious. Would it be bettter, if I can't change, to leave? At what point do you decide you are doing more harm than good? And when you do, what do you do?
Old 08-29-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bbthumper View Post
No phone numbers for other AA folks? Get a ride from anyone else?
I'm an introvert. I love everybody, but they don't know it
Old 08-29-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry to have hijacked this forum, for people who are serious about getting straight. I obviously do not deserve to be here. Hopefully, one day I will. I have only happy vibes to send.....thanks for the replys. I don't know if I can make it
Old 08-29-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh stop that... You are why SR exists!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Now... Get over your introverted nature a little bit, just a little, and if you have a number for another AA, CALL HER, tell her you need some help.

That's how AA works, you help her as much. maybe more, than she helps you. Believe it, it's true.... you will see one day, promise.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

obviously....sorry. selfish me. I see the sarcasm, and i deserve it
Old 08-29-2012, 08:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Please don't make any serious decisions right now. Are you willing to call someone? Pick up the phone and call anyone... You can make it. You really can.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark75 View Post
Now... Get over your introverted nature a little bit, just a little, and if you have a number for another AA, CALL HER, tell her you need some help.

That's how AA works, you help her as much. maybe more, than she helps you. Believe it, it's true.... you will see one day, promise.

really? I think I am beyond help. A whole bottle of wine every night. When I decide to end it, I buy MORE! Makes no sense. dumb,dumb,dumb
Old 08-29-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

c021:
Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
Please don't make any serious decisions right now. Are you willing to call someone? Pick up the phone and call anyone... You can make it. You really can.
....your reply:
That means much more than you could ever know,thanks
Old 08-29-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Keep Trying

I am 56, been trying to stop abusing alcohol, on and off thru out my life. Have tried various methods: AA, secular methods, psychologist, & others. Have had varied periods of sobriety just short of a year. Found SR in April, been reading/posting almost daily. Has been very helpful, hope to continue on with no more drinking. Keep trying, it is never too late. Alcohol is a depressant and really makes it hard to think clearly. Keep reading, posting, do whatever you can to not take the first drink.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

to BLOSS

A cyber hug feels good right now. Pass one back...much love sent your way---damn that first drink! sucks!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Everyday we wake up sober is a good day!