Notices

Dream of Alcohol

Old 08-25-2012, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dream of Alcohol

Geeze, this one hurt a bit. I had these frequently the first few weeks of sobriety but none since last night. You know the ones, where you think you drank due to a realistic dream, and wake up depressed thinking you gave in. I'm almost to my 3 month mark and had one again last night.

I have always said to myself that if I ever did start drinking again I would limit myself by only drinking on very special occasions and with others who were drinking as well (I was always a stay at home drinker). These special occasions would only come up a handful of times a year. That's exactly how this dream went. Friends were in town I hadn't seen in many years, Friday night, and a limo (ha!) was going to pick all of us up so we could go out on the town and drink.

I had worked myself up so much in the dream that I drank a handle before we were even supposed to go out (I would need more than everyone else to get drunk). While we were waiting my friends kept hinting at how I was drunk and obnoxious already and they suggested I take a shower before we go. As I was in the shower I heard a noise and looked out the window to see my long time friends sneaking out without me. I tried to yell and could see them look back at my eyes knowing they knew they were leaving me behind.

Finally, a special occasion with everyone planning to drink, and there I was left alone, drunk, and passing out before 7pm.

I've never been more happy to wake up sober in a long time. Here's to a good 86th day without the bottle.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dreams like that make you so thankful for the fact that you remain sober. I wouldn't be able to drink on a special occasion, that would set me up for the craving and I wouldn't stop at one-I'd keep going to black out and beyond-I'm sure...

I had a dream like that but I turned the alcohol down... it seemed so realistic...

But man, in real life-non dream moment, driving down the road, I see an ABC liquor store and they advertise "blue moon pumpkin ale" and I shout YAY PUMPKIN ALE IS BACK-a few weeks ago... and I'm blushing and telling my daughter-sh*t, sorry about that! I just keep driving and laugh...
Old 08-25-2012, 09:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Haha candi, pretty funny!