Notices

am close to breaking

Old 08-24-2012, 09:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

am close to breaking

i am 6 days sober, today would be 7 if i can manage all day but,

ive just had a huge row with my other half, now i feel like doing what i always do when im upset, i always end up getting drunk.

what the hell do i do, ive just downed 3 pints of sugar free squash thinking that might help but im in danger zone, i feel i need a drink, and one quick
Old 08-24-2012, 09:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

No, you don't need a drink. How will drinking change anything, other than for the worse?
Go out for a run or find something to do that is not conducive to drinking. Drinking will just keep you in that vicious cycle and you still will have had a huge row with your other half. Nothing improved, but now a hangover to deal with. DO NOT DRINK!

Here, read this...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post3546752
Old 08-24-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

cheers, i am gunna try and stay strong, hence why i posted, but i just feel reallly weak and ill,

i feel really manic, and distressed, but if i can get passed this then ill be happy
Old 08-24-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

If you do something to consciously deal with how you're feeling you may find it works SO much better than drinking
Old 08-24-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Cheers. My other half wanted to go a pub for a meal
, i didnt think i was ready hence the argument
Old 08-24-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Well, if you're willing to argue with your partner about going somewhere that you don't feel ready to go because of alcohol, why in the world would you then want to go grab alcohol? Alcoholism is truly a baffling disease.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hang on there cheese! The craving will pass. Minute by minute, hour by hour. Then it will be day 8!!!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cheese1 View Post
cheers, i am gunna try and stay strong, hence why i posted, but i just feel reallly weak and ill,

i feel really manic, and distressed, but if i can get passed this then ill be happy
Are you getting treatment for your mental health?? When I'm getting Manic (all I'm treated for now is my anxiety) but when I start feeling this way I have to do some guided meditation... I need to get some cd's myself, but I found on youtube there are a few on there-meditation for mental health... it will help you relax.. I have to do that when my mind starts spinning and feeling manic..
Old 08-24-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

cheese - I'm so glad you didn't cave. It solves nothing - and just adds one more problem on top of what you're dealing with already (as suki pointed out.) The disappointment and remorse you'd feel is never worth it. Glad you posted and talked about it. Things will get better.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I ended up going the pub, had a lovely meal, we both just had diet cola, i think i just went silly and panicked when my other half surgested i go the pub, but it was a nice feeling when i was walking out of the pub with a full belly and a sober head, cheers everyone
Old 08-24-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Yeah, I was sober only a few days, and I could have a comfortable meal wherever, even if they served alcohol. I don't believe in testing to figure out if a person is ready or not, but I also don't believe in set times that recovering persons should'nt do this or that. It really depends on the individual, the situation, and the purpose of the journey.

My sole purpose in my first weeks of sobriety was always singular -- no more alcohol and no more drunks -- everything else was secondary to me, including sobriety, lol. I just didn't care what sobriety was or wasn't, and I figured it could wait while I learned, for myself, for me, how to not ever get drunk again. We all have our stories and experiences.

And just because I coulkd do something one day, didn't mean I was now immune to everything else. I still had to learn what sobriety was for me, if I wanted to stay away from booze forever.

Good going, Cheese. Take careful steps forward. Always be honest with yourself first, and nothing wrong with asking for and accepting help as we go along. Cheers!