Notices

Feeling Quite Ill This Morning

Old 08-22-2012, 07:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Quite Ill This Morning

Hi folks.

Wanna give an update. After my first post here I was sober for a couple weeks then returned to drinking. I cant remember if it was out of boredom or a crummy day at work or whatever, but I drank. I was trying to drink beer only, because I space them out more easily and don't get blacked out/smashed like on scotch (which is what I normally drink). I guess I feel better about it if I only drink beer. But, the beer hangover is much worse and Ill drink eight or twelve in a sitting.

Anyway I then took a week off of drinking with no problems but had company Thursday night and got drunk on beer. Been drinking since then every day, sometimes starting just after breakfast.
Haven't had any work this week which makes it very difficult with the combination of financial stress and lack of productive activities to keep me busy.

Yesterday the hangover was so intense that I could not function normally, think straight or eat much. I made it through most of the day in agony and intended not to drink but the anxiety got to the point of near panic, and I went and bought a pint of scotch. Drank it in an hour or two and passed out.

Woke this morning feeling like a hundred year old man (Im twenty six and other than the drinking quite physically fit) with that feeling of sickening dread and whatnot. Maybe I should begin meetings again. This is getting to be absurd and the worse I get, the better the feeling of drinking becomes, like an opiate really. I think I may really go.

Its insane. I feel like hell, so what do I do. I do MORE of what caused me to feel like hell...simply defies logic

I'm an intelligent person, why do I do things so stupid as this.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes I do stay connected to my AA meetings and live in
the program ....works really well for me..

I hope you will soon quit danceing around with alcohol
it does nothing to improve your life.

Welcome back...