Notices

Do you know what song this is?

Old 08-17-2012, 11:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Do you know what song this is?

Hi there all

I hope you are enjoying a happy, sober Saturday.

A few months ago someone posted a link to a music video. I can't remember who the song is by, but in the video a young woman goes home to her apartment, starts drinking vodka alone, then goes back outside wondering the streets, going back to the liquor store (?)

I was wondering if anyone knows the video I am talking about. Please help me out if you know. Really want to watch the music video again. I could really relate to the video, so sad, pathetic and lonely. So glad those days are over

Please help!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 04:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Massive Attack - Live With Me - YouTube

Here you go I think this is it, I know it well. The line "if you're born into trouble you live the blues" has been played on my ipod many a time. It's a reminder to me that we can't live with alcohol as it's not our friend.

[edit] And I'm also very glad those days are over. There was me thinking I was living the high life in London, then I was getting quietly smashed behind closed doors. Not so happy days. Unlike now.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

WOW thanks for sharing that. That was pretty much me for too many years.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Zee

Thats a bit scary
I didn't drink from the bottle but I always had vodka handy. And yes, the '2nd' trip to the shops were always interesting!

The other week I was behind a lady in the queue at the supermarket, she was probably on her '2nd' trip. She had heaps of alcohol and reaked of it... and she actually threw up over the lady serving her. Jeez I'm glad I'm away from that now
Old 08-18-2012, 10:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh. My. Word. I've just watched that and it's upset me! Too close to home I think. Truth hurts.

Thanks for your post smilieblue. I'll be sure to keep this near to me.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

and thanks for recognising and finding the video regeneration.

If I'd heard it unaccompanied by the video I would have thought it was just one of those pffft love songs... How awful that as an alcoholic I can see and hear it and see that it *is* a love song. With booze. I can totally relate and that in itself makes me feel sad, yet thankful that I am here watching it on SR.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the share, it certainly captured Alcoholism at it's worst
Old 08-18-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Haunting.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks so much regeneration! I am soooo glad someone knew the video I was talking about. Going to watch it again now.

I lived in London for 2 years, and was almost the same, getting smashed behind closed doors almost every night. Although the red wine was my drink of choice, and I wasn't drinking straight from the bottle. However, the experiences and results were the same.

Thanks again
Have an amazing day!
Old 08-25-2012, 02:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The "2nd" trip to the shop to get drink,god i had forgotten about that one,i,d usually drive aswell,
Old 08-25-2012, 02:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for the video descriptions - I would never remember the second trip to the shops because I was blacked ours by that point. Just flashes, an extra bottle on the floor, lost debit card (again) remnants of food microwaved that should not have been microwaved and an increasingly horrendous hangover. Afraid, hungry, tired, alone, furious with self.