Notices

Four months of no booze!

Old 08-17-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Four months of no booze!

My life is truly better without drinking, I cannot believe the changes that are happening for the better. Thank you all for the help when I sometimes need it. (I lurk, but this place always puts things back in perspective)
Old 08-17-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Malsi Nice work on your 4 months! Do you care to share how you are doing it? It may help someone!
Old 08-17-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Malsi

D
Old 08-17-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((Malsi)) - Congratulations on 4 months!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-17-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MsJax View Post
Hi Malsi Nice work on your 4 months! Do you care to share how you are doing it? It may help someone!
Sure

I have basically replaced alcohol with things that are positive. I started going to the gym, eating right, even stopped smoking. I started exercising my mind with puzzle solving. I read a lot now, I watch movies, and even remember them. I appreciate all the little details in life that when you're drunk or hungover you never see. I believe the expression goes "I stop and smell the roses". I wanted a career change, and I just today earned a certification (that took me months of study to achieve, it was partly the catalyst that got me to quit) I have accepted that I cannot drink, but with my new found clarity, and happiness I would never want to go back to it. I do from time to time miss it, but its price tag is not something that I am willing to pay (my life). Abstaining from alcohol has allowed me to find my true self, and it's exciting, there is so much about life, and who I am that I would have never gotten to experience with alcohol as a part of it.

That is just how I am doing it, but there are many ways to approach it, but in the end just do what ever way gets you to stop.... and although I am proud of my 4 months of sobriety, I am not on my high horse preaching about my sobriety. I understand I have many challenges ahead.... but the most important thing I have learned is no matter what, I cannot drink ever ever ever ever not even a sip.

Sorry if there are any grammar errors. I am watching a movie with my son, and I want to get back to it lol

Edit
This is the type of post I have been reluctant to make, because it deserves much more detail. This is really such a vague description of my experience. I will have to put some time aside (which it seems like without booze there is so much more of lol) and write something more thorough... I want to add one last thing, I read a book called "Drinking a Love Story" I highly recommend it... Its on amazon with tons of reviews

EDIT
Sorry if it sounded like I was speaking directly to you, I know you weren't specifically asking...
Old 08-17-2012, 05:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for shareing your really good news...
Old 08-18-2012, 05:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Congratulations on your 4 months!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations Malsi

I'm four and a half months sober and the most important thing I've learned is this, too:

but the most important thing I have learned is no matter what, I cannot drink ever ever ever ever not even a sip.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Malsi! Not only have you not drank for four months, you have gotten so many positive things done during that time! I like your humbleness. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

I have that book In my car lol. Good on you for 4 months.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your four months!!!!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 4 months Malsi, well done!!
Old 08-19-2012, 04:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Congratulations, Malsi. You have earned that right to be proud of yourself and what you have achieved.

I want to give you a special thanks for sharing some of your experiences from your new sobriety. You can be assured that there are hundreds reading your post and telling themselves that they want what you have. It truly is wonderful, what is waiting for us when we make that choice to step through that door and give it up for good.