Notices

Can't stop

Old 08-16-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

whatever words you use to describe your reasoning are a moot point.

you're smart enough to be starting grad school. but your drinking is progressing at an alarming rate, and it may be partially responsible for your poor decisions. No one can GIVE you self-esteem. You deserve give that to yourself, along with a great future. You're 24 years old, you recognise that you have a growing problem with booze, it's not going to "POOF" disappear unless you deal with it.

I hope that you don't blow this semester with a bunch of excuses and wasting your time saying "good-bye" to someone who may have been using you because he could see your weaknesses.

wish you the best and hope you turn it all around, you really can.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi, it took me 12 years of slips to get my first year sober in 1993 & thankfully I haven't had to take a drink since, so plz don't give up on yourself - not Now, now Ever. You CAN get sober and make a better life for yourself if you just keep trying.
One Day at a Time!
Barb
Old 08-16-2012, 08:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well I am sober tonight.
I guess it is Day 1 again but I am going to see every day as a new day, sometimes counting the days messes with my head. I think it’s best for me to take it one day at a time for a while.

Today I went to a meeting with a friend. We grabbed lunch after and I ended up at her house for dinner was well. It was great seeing her. She has been clean and sober for 5 years. Tomorrow she invited me to a “Sober Barbeque” with some of the members of a young peoples meeting she goes to. She said most of the people there will be around our age. It’ll be nice to hang out with some sober people since none of my friends are even close to this. It has been a very long time since I’ve hung out with this girl, as she didn’t want to hang out when I was with my ex, which is understandable.

I am going on a run with another friends of mine tomorrow morning. I haven’t run since before ABF was arrested. I am looking forward to doing so. It gives me time to escape my head and it gives me a high way better then any other I’ve experienced.

I am doing okay tonight. I feel much better and clearer about this situation when I remain sober. It is when I drink that I actually get more emotional and upset over the situation.

And Fandy--I don't think my intelligence really factor into my drinking. I am smart enough to know what I'm doing is problematic and wrong, it's not an issue of not being able to see that or being stupid, rather just me choosing not to listen to myself. Which is of course stupid within itself. I hope I don't screw up my semester as well. I guess I don't need to hope, making that happen is 100 percent up to me.

I am going to do my best to move on from this, get better, be a better, strong, sober person because I am only a fraction of the person I have the potential of being