Notices

feeling like a fraud, maybe not ready

Old 08-08-2012, 06:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am in the same boat. Business owner that 'looks decent' and afraid to go to meetings. Main reason I am here and reading books at home. Of course, some people know but again, I maintain my recovery like its a piece of cake and I never fall off the wagon. UGH!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by lovetodrink View Post
I had been going to meetings a month now and I never shared like he did, I never through it all out there for everyone to see...I felt envious that he had the courage to do that. That he was in touch of his emotions enough to do that. He even said after the meeting that he thought I had ten years sober.
Ya never know.....maybe he's been in meetings for years, or decades, and shares well but.....well....yanno.

A little more optimistic: It's a blessing, a gift, that you got to hear a share like that. I've got a bunch of ppl who's methods for sharing I've copied. I even did the "AA one-liners" for a while.

Don't sweat it. You're right where you're supposed to be. It's awesome that you got to hear someone sharing from their heart.....and honestly. Now you know a little more about how YOU should be sharing. Practice makes perfect.