Notices

Deep rooted unhappiness.sober or not.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Deep rooted unhappiness.sober or not.

I just woke from another terrible nightmare.

I just don't know what to do about feeling that life is a generally unpleasant experience we all have to endure....

I am always unhappy in the back of my mind and try to cover it up sometimes by acting silly which just gets on peoples nerves.

Being sober does not bring happiness....nor would anti depressants....which I've tried in the past.

It's no wonder some people turn to substances....

I have found some comfort in the cradle of filth song "no time to cry"....

rant over.

humor is the best medicine but I just can't find anything funny to laugh at!

Old 08-05-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It took me about a year to work through my various issues and start to be happy HS...
your mileage may vary of course, but I think for everyone it's something that needs a little fortitude, a little diligence and a lot of patience.

Being sober might not make you happy by itself, but I think it's a huge step in the right direction

D
Old 08-05-2012, 09:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think I wrote the above when I was feeling freaked from a nightmare.... things seem better now.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad things are better, hendrixstat. I think one of the most important things I've ever come to understand is that when I'm feeling very low, I'm probably only looking at one side of things. Being unhappy tends to do that to you... but forcing ourselves out of that slump and allowing ourselves to see the bigger picture can really help.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I looked like that holdin beer

hendrixstrat,

Glad you are feeling better, but you might want to talk to the doc again about the depression. Maybe the anti-depressant you were on was not the right one? IDK. Maybe you have tried everything already. Anyhow, I don't think a nightmare should make you feel that bad.. ya know.

I certainly have my share of bad days and nightmares.. not fun

BTY, decent Cradle, but it is a Sisters of Mercy cover I like both versions.

Take care
Old 08-06-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hendrixstrat you sound just like me!!! :-)
Up and down. One second "I'm doomed... It's all over"... Next minute "I am back in the game... Look out world here I come"!!! :-)
I'm exhausted :-(... Still, better than lying in a hospital bed :-)
Old 08-07-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous enabled me to quit drinking and they also address the mental/emotional/spiritual maladies that fueled my need to drink.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 08-08-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

getting clean and sober wasn't enough for me, I needed to address the issues that got me using and boozing to begin with.

12 step programs are a clear cut method of doing exactly that, for free, with free support.

there are other methods of accomplishing the same ends..therapy, self help, a variety of other recovery programs, spiritual transformation,

staying sober is the answer only if drinking was the problem. For me, the problem was there long before I began to booze myself into oblivion.

Now I am addressing those things that led me to drink, and that process is leading me sanity